“This property is my first choice when visiting Barrie”

Monte Carlo Inn Barrie Suites
Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Barrie
Trenton, Ontario, Canada
“This property is my first choice when visiting Barrie”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Several members of our family stayed at the Monte Carlo Inn when we visited Barrie for a family wedding shortly after the hotel opened. I chose it again last year when in town on business. When I arrived this past week, I was very impressed with the condition of the building, realizing that it's not easy to keep a hotel in "like-new" condition, year after year. My room was well-appointed and there were no signs of wear - the bathroom's condition was as if the hotel had opened last month. I enjoyed the friendly, helpful interaction with the front desk people and we all had some fun when I locked myself out of my room as I was loading and unloading study materials from my car. As I was paying my compliments to the front office staff, I was given a copy of the Monte Carlo Inns corporate brochure - I've decided to join their incentive program and I'm going to check out their other properties which are conveniently located in several of my other business destinations. I'm going back to the Monte Carlo Inn in Barrie next week and I'm going to enjoy that complimentary breakfast again - only this time, I'm going to take advantage of my host's offer of hot oatmeal - I was very impressed with her desire to help.

Room Tip: My room looked out on the parking near the main entrance. I appreciated being able to look out at m...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I have worked in hotels before, and know what it takes to deliver an excellent guest experience. This hotel did not fulfill that. The pool is minuscule, the photos over exaggerate it to look bigger than it is. My bed had black and brown flecks in the sheets. But I can overlook the facilities, however the front desk staff were horrendous. One woman who checked us in was rude, and unpleasant. When we asked a question about our booking (we booked through another site) she was incredibly rude and short with my father. He was merely asking a question and she snapped at him twice during his check in. I later called down to ask for an extra blanket and she responded with "I guess so" Incredibly rude and made me feel as if I was putting the staff out for asking questions about charges from the room and needing an extra blanket because the rooms were freezing. I am usually VERY accommodating as I myself have worked front desk before, but this was unpleasant. NOT worth the money. Stay in a friendlier hotel with better amenities.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Barrie hotels

Guelph, Ontario
Reviewed September 21, 2012

We stayed one night at the Monte Carlo while helping our son move to Barrie. While check-in time is nominally 3:00 p.m, don't count on it. We attempted to check in at 4:00 p.m. but our junior suite was not ready yet. (I noticed another couple at check-in whose room was also not yet ready.) About an hour later, with our junior suite still not ready, we gave in and opted for a regular room. Through it all, however, the clerk was pleasant and tried to be helpful. The room itself was quite nice. It was clean, the bedding comfortable, and the building (and room) seemed quite well insulated against noise. The cost of the room was a little less than we might have paid at another chain. (I do suspect that they may be achieving their lower prices by making do with fewer cleaning staff, leading to rooms being ready late.) Breakfast was adequate. I would stay there again, if I needed a hotel in Barrie - but I would probably count on checking in closer to 5:00 than to 3:00 p.m.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We booked the Monte Carlo Inn as we found it listed as the highest-rated hotel in the area, rather than any previous experience with the brand or personal recommendation. And I'm pleased to say it has met expectations. The staff here are incredibly friendly and helpful, the rooms are large and comfortable, and the free continental breakfast is very welcome.

As locations go, it looks like all the hotels are on this same stretch of road so while it isn't ideally located if you don't have a car, it isn't unique to this hotel.

While Barrie isn't somewhere I would necessarily recommend visiting, if you are coming to the city and need a place to stay, the Monte Carlo Inn is definitely recommended.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Sudbury, Canada
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I stayed here on a solo trip. It was very quite and comfortable. The staff was very nice and friendly, the restaurant was a great stop for an drink. The price was great!
I would stay at any monte carlo hotel again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Sudbury, Canada
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I had to make a trip to Toronto and stayed the night here to visit with friends in the area. Because it was only one night and prices were good I got the king sunrise jacuzzi suit. I had a great sleep and got a kick out of how you had a tv you could see from the tub, that was nice cause I was alone and it gave me some relax time. The room was at the end of the hall and nice and clean and quite. I will stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Lewisburg
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Have stayed at the Monte Carlo Barrie Suites several times over the past two years and every time have enjoyed excellent service, a great sleep and a convenient overnight. The price can not be beat anywhere in the Barrie area for the cleanliness of room, attentive and professional staff, extremely comfortable mattress (I have a bad back), nice room amenities, convenient parking and extreme convenience to the highway. The staff was even kind enough to hang on to something I'd left in the room until I returned over two weeks later. I will be staying there again soon!!

Room Tip: I have never requested any special room and have not been disappointed.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo