“Overnight stay in Barrie - attending concert in Orillia” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Monte Carlo Inn - Barrie Suites

Monte Carlo Inn - Barrie Suites
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Barrie
Port Elgin
“Overnight stay in Barrie - attending concert in Orillia”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Having never stayed at a Monte Carlo Inn I found the hotel to be very good. Great location to get to where you want to go and it was about a 35 minute ride to the Orillia. The room was very clean but the only dissatisfaction was the blanket on the bed had stains on it otherwise the bed was very comfortable and the bedding was clean. The bathroom was also very clean. Did not have use for the pool or gym they were small but functional. The free breakfast was fresh and very good but for a very small price you could upgrade to a hot breakfast. The front desk staff and restaurant staff were all very friendly and helpful. Overall it was a good experience and I would stay at the Monte Carlo Inn again. Mary Anne S.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank maryannes894

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Mississauga
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

This is my first stay at a Monte Carlo Inns before and to my much surprise it was nice, it was clean, even to show you what was cleaned they added "sanitized" stickers on the washroom toilets. Tonight both staff on duty was amazing polite And always greeting everyone.

The only Thing i heard that kinda of caught my attention was that the guest services were telling to another client during check in that the "4th floors were higher qualities" basically the best in the house. Not sure why we were stuck in the 1st.

But over good just for a quick stay.

Ps. The wireless Internet as advertised goes in and out sometimes. (Playbook and iPad) were both tested on their wifi system. Maybe the higher floors are better quality internet too.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank ho_jo23
Mississauga, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I needed a hotel in Barrie for basically to sleep. We arrived around 1am and our room was awaiting us. I do not like that they put a hold on your visa for any damage and incidentals. Other hotels take your card but don't put a hold on it. We needed a room since I was running the Barrie Half Marathon the following morning bright and early. The hotel gives you free breakfast but we didn't use it since we were out the door at 7am and just came back right before check out to clean up and pack. Again we didn't use any amenities since we weren't there long. But the room is a good size and clean, what more do you need for a quick stop over! Also very convenient right off the highway!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BelaN74
Barrie, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

We stayed here while renovating our bathroom. Rooms are clean and modern. Staff all friendly and helpful, notably Kirsten at the front desk. Continental breakfast (free) was fresh and varied. Compares favourably to any 4 star hotel we have stayed in for a quality experience. Good value for your travel dollar. I recommend!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

My business takes me to Barrie that requires me to stay over quite often. Since discovering the Monte Carlo I have made that my place to stay. I have been accomodated by this fine hotel over 100 nights during the past 2 years. The staff bar none have treated me excellently. I have got to know many of them on a first name basis. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The food is excellent. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a nice place to stay.

Room Tip: Part of the top floor accomodate those of us who still smoke
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Bill D
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

Monte Carlo barrie is a great place for any occasion, we stay there any chance we get. Clean rooms, friendly staff and free breakfast!!!!

• Stayed July 2012
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised by the lovely room I stayed in at the Monte Carlo Inn in Barrie. The room was tastefully decorated and very clean. It was one of the nicest hotel rooms I have stayed in for the price. An interesting bathroom feature was the walk-in shower. Staff was very polite and accomodating. The free continental breakfast was good, and for a very reasonable price, you could order a hot breakfast. My room also included a mini fridge and microwave which was very useful.This hotel had a different 'feel' to it than other chain hotels. It was quiet and relaxed....wish I could have stayed an extra night! I highly recommend this hotel if you are looking for affordable comfort!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo