“Very impressed!”

Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Barrie
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Barrie
Reviewed July 1, 2010

I will always stay at this hotel. Staff extremely friendly. The hotel was underrated as 2.5 stars, I will give a 5+ starts for service and cleanliness.The hotel was extremely clean and our room was very spacious and clean. The beds were super comfortable. It was over a year new. This hotel is right off the highway in a quiet location. The rooms are very quiet, unlike the holiday inn & suite across (we stayed there the past two years with our little one, the room was very old and very noisy)
The breakfast was excellent. We had fun making our own waffles.We were surprised that the rate was included with breakfast. It would have only been a bit better if there was a small refrigerator. Over all, we are very happy we picked the perfect hotel for our family. We will go back again in two week for a family function.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed June 6, 2010

My family and I recently had to travel to Barrie two weekends in a row so I thought we could try two different hotels. The Hampton Inn and Suites was the second place we tried and I wish it would have been our first.
The hotel is well laid-out, classy-looking and easy to find. Staff were very pleasant and helpful and the free breakfast was terrific. My husband loved the Western omelettes and I enjoyed making my own homemade waffle. Free hot chocolate, tea and coffee were available 24/7. We stayed in a room with two queen beds and it was very spacious and the beds were quite comfortable.
The best part of all was that despite having three teams and a wedding party staying there we did not get bothered by noise. This is very important to us because when we are travelling we usually have to get up quite early and like to get our sleep. I am sure that if there would have been a problem the staff would've dealt with it because they mentioned that when we first checked in.
I didn't go swimming but my daughter did and she said the pool was nice and warm so I am not sure about the previous reviews which listed this as a problem.
We will definitely stay at this hotel or another one in this chain again!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank OntarioMomoftwo
Reviewed March 30, 2010

I am a frequent business traveler to Barrie and this the only hotel I will stay. I can honestly say I've stayed at the Hampton at least 20 times. It is conveniently located, well appointed and the staff (who now know me by name) are always amazing. The breakfasts are always great and many restaurants and 2 casinos (one being the race track) are a close drive for those seeking additional entertainment. There is no other place I will stay. The Hilton Honours Points make it even better. Cheers!!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed March 21, 2010

This hotel was so easy to get to that it made our trip a pleasure.. If you are not used to city driving, no fear. The pool was nice and hot tub a bonus. Room was supurb and bed very comfortable. Breakfast was more than enough. Price was fair and hotel staff excellent. This is such a great place to stay, we booked it again this weekend!!!!
Thank you Hampton Inn!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 17, 2010

Gorgeous rooms, excellent service, delicious breakfast, AMAZING VALUE!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed February 1, 2010

Water in the pool was just too cold. My son is used to swimming in not very warm water, but he spent five minutes in the pool trying to adapt and then he had to move to the spa/whirlpool. About ten people also tried to use the pool while we were there and they all got out of the pool because of cold water. It was a Saturday evening and the parking lot was full, so it wasn't the best time to do some cost-cutting on water heating. The pool should be "cool", not cold.
The room was clean and warm, the motel looks well maintained and the free breakfast offered some good omelet.
We are planning to stay here again in about 2-3 weeks and hopefully they will do something about the pool.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed December 28, 2009

I travel pretty much weekly for work, and stay in very nice, high end hotels. In terms of service, cleanliness, and layout, this hotel is right up there with the nicest Hiltons. The rooms and lobby are both very nice, spacious, and very well maintained. Though the free breakfast is the standard Hampton Inn items, it is done very well, and the hot items are better than at most other Hampton Inns.

My only complaint is about the pool. The pool room is very nicely laid out, and has a lot of potential, especially since it is the newer style Salt Water pool, that doesn't use chlorine to maintain the water. If they would just turn the temperature up in the pool, it could be this hotels greatest asset. Instead they have it set so cold that it is barely tolerable. Several guests were complaining about this at the pool. I called the front desk to complain and was told that Salt Water Pools much be kept cooler than chlorine pools. I don't think that is true, because I've been in some pretty warm salt water pools before, but even if it is true there is no reason for it to be this could. Without a thermometer, I would guess that it was about 62F. Maybe colder.

When traveling with kids a usable pool is very important. Unless they turn the temperature up, I probably won't come back to this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family