“Great stay for a mini vacation”

Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Barrie
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Barrie
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We stayed for the first two days of March Break, 2013. The hotel was very clean, we had a spacious room. The kids loved the pool, which was well heated and the hot tub. We stayed in the Hampton Inn as it was close to the ski resorts near Barrie and only 10 min away from Snow valley.
We found the breakfast very good with a great choice of food for kids and adults. We will definitely stay here again next March break. price was comparable to the other hotels and we felt we got a good deal overall

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
BarrieManager, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Barrie, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post comments about your stay with us! We always appreciate getting feedback from our guests.

We are happy to see that you had such an enjoyable stay and were able to utilize our amenities. We look forward to welcoming you back again on your next visit!

Thank you again!

Reviewed March 13, 2013

The room was very big, we got the 3 queen with a sofabed room. Having the fridge and microwave was great. There was lots of parking, the staff were very helpful. What I didn't like was the hottub, there was no pressure for the jets and the water was only warm. Also, the breakfast could use some sausages or meat of some kind. The beds were hard.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We always appreciate hearing back from our guests.

Our maintenance department has looked into the hot tub jets and they are now nice and strong!

We do have sausage links, sausage patties and bacon on the breakfast buffet, but we alternate our offerings each day in order to provide a little bit of variety for those guests staying an extended period of time.

The staff will be pleased to see the kind words about their service. We pass along all reviews for their viewing.

Thank you again for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites! We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Barrie.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

I made the choice for this hotel as I have a preference for Hilton brands. I have stayed at this hotel four times in 2012, always for a full week and have never encountered any issues. The rooms are spacious, modern and clean. The complimentary breakfast, while not outstanding does the job and helps keep expenses in check. The flat screen TV is smaller, I'd say about 32 inches, but I was happy to get CNN. The Internet service has been flawless on each and every one of my stays. As a business traveler, my only issue is that the affordable rates do attract many child-sports family's. While I welcome sharing the common areas, as may be expected, the absence of proper parenting occasionally results in frustration when using the elevator to ascend or descend. My experience in the room, however has always been quiet. The staff has always been polite and helpful, however being in the customer service business, I have to acknowledge the evening shift representative. Four months passed between my previous visit in October 2012, but on the evening of my second-nights stay in March 2013, while leaving the hotel to grab dinner, "Grant" immediately recognized me and greeted me by name. I had been impressed by his attentiveness throughout my previous stays, but I felt compelled to pass along this feedback as he is a definite asset to this team. Sadly, this will be my last visit to Barrie, however, should I have the need for accommodations within a 30 mile radius for either business or pleasure, this hotel will definitely be first on the list.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

We appreciate you taking the time to post your comments. We value all feedback from our guests.
We made sure that Grant saw your kind words about the service he provided. We agree with you - he is a great asset to our Barrie team! All the front office staff were sad to see it was your last visit with us. We all wish you the best. Maybe your next vacation will be to Barrie!

Reviewed March 7, 2013

We stayed here as a family over the weekend and really enjoyed it. In the lobby is a complimentary coffee nook where you can brew individual coffee pods and choose a flavoured cream. I also noticed that they offered a free Barrie Examiner newspaper. The room was clean and updated. The pillows were a combination of soft and hard, so you could have a choice. The bathroom had hair products but I thought that Hampton could be a little more female-friendly by offering a make-up mirror.
My husband and daughter used the pool and hot tub but found the pool chiily so stuck to the hot tub and enjoyed that. They said that there was no one else around and had the place to themselves.
The breakfast was very well done with hot food like scrambled eggs and sausage, oatmeal and an assortment of cereals, fruit and yogurt. My husband and I were there early at 8:00 am but when we checked out and my daughter decided she was hungry at 9:00 am, they were out of some of her favorite items, like fresh fruit salad.
However, any complaints are minor; overall we had a good experience and would stay here again.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We have been lucky to stay at the Hampton Inn several times, mostly in Barrie Ontario. We have always been very happy with the overall experience. the rooms are large and well laid out. The beds are comfortable and the bedding is clean and smells so clean. The people on the front desk have been very friendly and helpful. The breakfast is well done, mind you it can get very busy depending on the number of people staying at the hotel. My husband usually goes down and will get us plates and bring them back to our room.
D and D

Room Tip: we have not had a bad room yet