“So friendly!”

The Keg Steakhouse + Bar Barrie
Reserve with OpenTable
The Keg Steakhouse + Bar Barrie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 516 Restaurants in Barrie
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 21, 2014

We were a group of 9 and the staff bent over backwards to accommodate us on every level. We were all served piping hot dishes at the same time and thoroughly enjoyed our meal and evening. Thanks!

There are newer reviews for The Keg Steakhouse + Bar Barrie

Reviewed July 3, 2014

Having eaten in The Keg in many other locations (Ottawa being the best so far), this was a poor example. Not the best location on the main Bayfield Street. The service was warm, just like the food. Steak was ok but not well cooked, a little tough for most of our party and seafood tasted frozen rather than fresh

4  Thank SurreyGirl27
Reviewed June 30, 2014

There was a time when I really enjoyed going to the Keg. I find now that I am a little older, there is just something lacking there now. My wife and I had dinner there the other night. I had the Chicken Creole (yes I know it is a steak house!), but I had it in the past and enjoyed it. This time it seemed like there was a budget cut. Instead of large scallops, mine were smaller than a quarter and were pretty tough. The shrimp was about 1/2 the size it used to be and there seemed to be very little flavor in the sauce. My Wife had the Steak & Crab, but at $33.00 you kind of expected something pretty special... again she said it was just OK.

The service was great, nothing wrong there. The atmosphere is decent, albeit pretty noisy.

There are many great small restaurants in Barrie, the "big-box" keg just does not seem to be working for me anymore.

2  Thank Dave L
Reviewed June 27, 2014

The last few times I have frequented Keg Restaurants in Canada (London, ON, Shilo, AB, etc), I have been disappointed in the quality and cooking of their steaks. The Keg in Barrie however changed that. The steak was so good the first time my work colleagues and I went there that we had to go again during our stay in Barrie. The steaks were delicious and was cooked perfectly. HIGHLY recommended Keg...one of the best I have ever been to!

Reviewed May 29, 2014

Wonderful food and atmosphere. Staff were great and efficient. This is the place to go for the best steak in town!

1  Thank 1953connie