“Never going to attempt to eat here again”

The Keg Steakhouse + Bar Barrie
Reserve with OpenTable
The Keg Steakhouse + Bar Barrie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 503 Restaurants in Barrie
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Canadian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Barrie, Canada
“Never going to attempt to eat here again”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Once again, we attempted to eat at The Keg to celebrate our anniversary. Should have known better. I know our celebration falls during the busy holiday season, but we made a reservation. We arrived a few minutes early for said reservation and were told our table was not ready yet. After waiting almost 1 hour and numerous questions to the hostess, they still didn't have a table for us in either the restaurant or the bar and we watched many other parties come in and be seated. We eventually left without dinner. When I called the next day to voice my concerns to the Manager, basically I was blown off. Never going to eat there again. I will drive to The Keg in Newmarket if I really feel the need for one of their steaks.

Visited December 2012
5 Thank Dianne L

Barrie, Canada
“Best Stek House in Barrie”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

I have been to a few Keg restaurants, and the one in Barrie is at the top of my lists, and by far the best steak house in Barrie. The service, food, drinks and atmosphere are all top notch.

• Visited May 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Never disappointed”
Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

I have been to this location many times and love the food, and especially the service. Always a great night out.

• Visited February 2013
Barrie, Canada
“Tasty Meal but a little Pricey”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Haven't been to the Keg for a long time, decided to go out with the wife and have an outing. We went to the Keg, and were quickly seated, it hadn't changed too much since the last time we were there which was fine. We didn't order any drinks, and check out the menu, we were thinking of a steak dinner. We looked at the prices, and were astonished at how expensive a steak dinner would cost, we weren't expecting a super low buffet price, but the prices were in the high twenties and up, so if we ordered 2 dinners, plus appetizers, it would have been over $100!. I remember the Keg having great food, at a reasonable price, it has changed. We ordered something else off the menu, and without appetizers, drinks or desert it still came to over $60. It was good, but I will consider another restaurant in the future before the Keg.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Snowcruiser54
“Average Restaurant”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

The price for value is high, 10 oz. prime rib dinner with a potato and onion tanglers 28.00 and bowl of soup 8.00. No vegetables, no salad, and it was average in taste and presentation. One draft beer 8.00. Very dark atmosphere, booth was tight on my chest and I'm not really a very big man. With tax and of course tip was not a very big thrill to spend 90 dollars. I always think to myself "how come we never go to the Keg?" Now I remember, I like Milestones better for this type of food.

• Visited April 2013