“Woolfy's 'Little Red' Cafe - A Delightful Gem”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Woolfy's at Wildwood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Some family and friends and I were there this past Saturday afternoon for lunch. It was after I had raced my very first triathlon (in Lakeside) and I wanted to find an independent restaurant with delicious, local fare. I also wanted to find something close enough so that we weren't going too far out of our way (long-distance driving after a sporting event with a toddler can be a recipe for disaster!).

All of us were sooooooooooo very pleased with the 'Little Red' Cafe, the casual side of Woolfy's restaurant. There was something on the menu for everyone; my my cow-dairy-sensitive 2-year-old son loved the goat cheese and pita, while my husband inhaled the bison chili poutine (apparently, the bison is from just down the road). My chicken quesadilla was just OK - I think I was expecting it to be better, given how sublimely satisfying the mushroom soup was - thick without being heavy, and rich with a bold, layered mushroom flavor. Their hot-sauce is respectably hot and full-flavored - not just blazing hot or super spicy.

The atmosphere was just right: cozy, casual and clean with just enough themed (Little Red Riding Hood imagery) decor to give the walls some personality.

There are newer reviews for Woolfy's at Wildwood

Reviewed September 14, 2012

We recenlty made our second visit of the season to Woolfys. This restaurant is a little out of town from Stratford but it is worth the drive. The menu and wine selection are progressive without being over the top. A don't miss is the Sour Cream Icecream.

2  Thank MJG2011
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We returned to Woolfy's again because our meal last year was so good and we had a warm and pleasant set of conversations with the manager/wife/chef/owner. Although we did not see her this year, our experience was just as delightful. The restaurant is in a home that is beautifully maintained with lots of detail, yet it has the homey atmosphere of eating in a friend's dining room. The food is well prepared, unusual without being pretentious or trying too hard. We were also pleased to see an emphasis on local ingredients. Our group ended up trying 5 different appetizers, 4 entrees and 5 desserts. All of us were pleased with our choices. My red pepper soup was so good, and I think I had the best dessert, a lemon and almond mousse with raspberry sauce. We will definitely go there again when we return to the Stratford Festival.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

We wanted to try a new restaurant on a special occasion and were not disappointed. There is a warmth to its unpretentious atmosphere. The service was fine. Arriving, with a reservation, shortly after six we were seated promptly and immediately were asked if we had tickets to a performance in Stratford. We said no, but that indicated they would have made a special effort to meet the deadline. In any event, we received our food very promptly. And it was delicious, fresh and imaginative, prepared to our taste, and showing considerable finesse. The menu is not large, but it seems that what they do they do well. Unless you're looking for--and willing to pay for--one of Stratford's most swanky restaurants, you will not regret driving the 25 minutes from town and having a fine meal here.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

We had a very delicious meal here when seeing a couple of plays at the Stratford Festival. Local ingredients are used whenever possible and the owners really care about delivering a terrific experience. I'd definitely return.