“Heaven, Heaven!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ontario
Maple Ki Forest and Spirit Water
Ranked #243 of 1,242 Specialty Lodging in Ontario
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Our goal was to find a peaceful place where we could rest, feel comfortable, and be well nourished. We were not disappointed. From the moment we stepped into the Maple Ki retreat, we felt like we came to visit our family. We received a very warm greeting and hugs from Julianna and Mary.
The accommodation at Maple Ki is located at a serene and pristine lake. The view from the spacious deck is breathtaking, the air pure and energizing. We were very impressed with the house itself. It is beautifully furnished, tastefully decorated and very clean. The rooms are lovely and inviting. The ambiance of the house is uplifting.
We had five meals there. They were all delicious, made with the freshest ingredients, nourishing, and beautifully presented. Julianna and Maria are wonderful cooks.
We had two yoga classes which we enjoyed a lot. Julianna is a very gifted teacher, patient and kind. She is also an amazing shiatsu therapist and a great reflexologist. After the session we felt peaceful, grounded, relaxed, and rejuvenated.
We hiked, swam, went on a paddle boat ride, and read inspiring books from the house library. We wish we could stay longer and explore more of what the retreat has to offer.
We had a fabulous time and we returned home well rested and recharged. It was a wonderful experience for both of us, and we recommend it to everyone who wants to be close to nature, and feel inspired. We are blessed that the Divine brought us to Maple Ki, and let us spend sweet moments with the two amazing women, Julianna and Mary.
Anna and Ursula

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Anna S
There are newer reviews for Maple Ki Forest and Spirit Water

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Everything about Maple Ki is excellent. The fantastic vegetarian food, the beautiful peaceful setting and the comfortable accommodations made the stay very healthful and restful. There is lots to do, yoga, kayaking, canoeing, hiking or reading and relaxing. Also, we thoroughly enjoyed the massages. We stayed four nights and plan to return again. Julianna and Mary made sure that our stay was one to remember.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 95Andy95
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I visited Maple Ki for the first time in August 2012 and stayed for three nights. I needed a place to just shut down my brain and relax my body. Booking my stay at Maple Ki was so easy. The accommodations are fantastic and very comfortable. The property is large with many hiking trails, a beautiful lake to explore and various spots to just sit, read and take in the serenity that surrounds you.

The vegetarian meals are absolutely fantastic.

They offer spa treatments and morning Yoga (in a beautiful studio or outside by the water if the weather permits)

I recommend to anyone looking to decompress, relax, and get away from the city to visit Maple Ki and rest assured that Julianna and Mary will welcome you with a warm heart and open arms.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Angele R
Reviewed September 11, 2012

I visited Maple Ki in August for three nights. I went there to get a break from the city, relax, eat well, do some yoga, and enjoy nature. I did all of that and so much more. First of all, the hosts Julianna and her mom, are some of the most incredible people I have ever met. They will do everything possible to make sure you enjoy your stay. The property and the house are gorgeous and in great condition. The almost private lake is a gem, and you can go swimming, canoeing, paddle boating, and visit the nearby rapids, or hiking on the trails.

I can't even describe Julianna's cooking, but let's just say it is some of the best food I have ever eaten and it was such a pleasure having meals in the dining room with the other guests. Julianna is also a fantastic yoga teacher, and does wonderful treatments (try to the shiatsu or reflexology).

I just can't say enough good things about this place, and can't wait to return.

1  Thank moutrips
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We are really glad to have met you and to have visited your little oasis hidden in the Maple forests of our great province.

Thanks for creating the walking trails around the property. It allowed us to fully appreciate the beauty and serenity of the forest.

Service was superb from the food to the massages to the Yoga classes to the final musical performance. You have a beautiful voice. Glad to have met your mother too.

Hope to be back as soon as time allows.

Namaste, Katia & Carlos

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Wow! I can’t say enough about the joys of Maple Ki and of Julianna and her mom, Mary – 2 of life’s treasures. I have been visiting yearly since 2002 – sometimes more than once a year. This year I visited in February – my first winter visit – and August.
Anyone who knows me knows how much I love Maple Ki. That lake – the water is like silk on your skin, pristine and alive. One of my favourite things is taking the kayak up the river to the incoming rapids at first light – it is magical – especially when I reach what Julianna has dubbed the Enchanted Forest!
And then, there’s the food!! Every meal is a culinary delight. Julianna is constantly surprising me with her creativity and she is always happy to share ideas and her extensive knowledge of food and nutrition.
My only complaint about Maple Ki is that it is not around the corner from me and I can’t visit at the drop of a hat!! I wish I could go more often in person and not just in my imagination!

Reviewed September 4, 2012

This was my fourth visit to Maple Ki, with hopefully many more in the near and distant future. Although it may feel far to Toronto-ites, the distance is a bridge between the frentic energy of the city and the peace and tranquility of Julianna and Mary's sanctuary. The vegetarian cuisine is delicious and motivating, the company always interesting and diverse, and the property full of adventure and bliss. Julianna's fried oatmeal is exquisite, and don't leave without getting a treatment (reflexology is my favourite). Even the frogs and fish inspire. Each time I am there I bring a grounding message back wtih me - I am so thankful to have discovered it. Enjoy!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends