“You gotta eat (and swim, kayak, do yoga &.....) here!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Maple Ki Forest and Spirit Water

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ontario
Maple Ki Forest and Spirit Water
Ranked #213 of 1,120 Specialty Lodging in Ontario
Hamilton, Canada
“You gotta eat (and swim, kayak, do yoga &.....) here!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

Wow! I can’t say enough about the joys of Maple Ki and of Julianna and her mom, Mary – 2 of life’s treasures. I have been visiting yearly since 2002 – sometimes more than once a year. This year I visited in February – my first winter visit – and August.
Anyone who knows me knows how much I love Maple Ki. That lake – the water is like silk on your skin, pristine and alive. One of my favourite things is taking the kayak up the river to the incoming rapids at first light – it is magical – especially when I reach what Julianna has dubbed the Enchanted Forest!
And then, there’s the food!! Every meal is a culinary delight. Julianna is constantly surprising me with her creativity and she is always happy to share ideas and her extensive knowledge of food and nutrition.
My only complaint about Maple Ki is that it is not around the corner from me and I can’t visit at the drop of a hat!! I wish I could go more often in person and not just in my imagination!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

This was my fourth visit to Maple Ki, with hopefully many more in the near and distant future. Although it may feel far to Toronto-ites, the distance is a bridge between the frentic energy of the city and the peace and tranquility of Julianna and Mary's sanctuary. The vegetarian cuisine is delicious and motivating, the company always interesting and diverse, and the property full of adventure and bliss. Julianna's fried oatmeal is exquisite, and don't leave without getting a treatment (reflexology is my favourite). Even the frogs and fish inspire. Each time I am there I bring a grounding message back wtih me - I am so thankful to have discovered it. Enjoy!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Mississauga, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

We had a great time at Maple Ki resort this summer. This place is amazing. Food was beyond our expectations. If you are looking for peace, tranquillity and great energy, this is the place to go.

My friends and myself will be back this fall.

Irina

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2012

Maple Ki is very special. Julianna and her mother Mary were both so welcoming.Their home is beautifully designed (a wonderful cathedral ceiling)...it was spacious and warm and they gave so much of themselves. Julianna was especially attentive to my dietary needs and prepared beautiful meals... I also enjoyed a relaxing aromatherapy massage.
The panoramic view of the smooth, silent, still lake was a balm and this peaceful setting was very restorative.,,,the "sounds of silence" were just what I needed to rejuvenate...it was comforting to be there.

Ellen
Toronto

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2012

What a wonderful retreat! Swimming in the clean waters of this secluded lake, my partner asked me, "Can you hear It? " I listened and after a few moments, I said "I can't hear anything, " She replied, " That's it, the sound of nothing". Just an occasional bird, an absolutely magnificent exit from the city soundscape. No motorized vessels, just kayaks and canoes, it is like Heaven.
Juliana and her mother Mary, as well as Donna provide a top notch retreat. Yoga, Shiatsu, are all availble. My favourite was kayaking up the river in early morning mist past the water lilies, all placid, with no flowers showing. Then on the the return a half hour late, as the sun touches the water lilies, miraculous beautiful white and yellow water lilies with a fragrance you cannot believe. This is the real deal for a wondrous getaway. From an avid fan of MapleKi, Dennis

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

If you're looking to get away from it all, have no distractions except the sounds of chirping birds and lapping waves, MapleKi is a little slice of heaven here on earth.

I've been many times over the past 10 years and always leave feeling refreshed and ready for what ever is next. Owner Julianna is an incredible cook who provides delicious, healthy, organic meals--I can't say enough about the quality of the food!!--as well as warm, immaculate accommodations. The energy of the place is gentle, calm and lovely.

I've been to many B&B's in my life: MapleKi is top of my list of favourites.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
ottawa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

Recently a friend and I spent 5 days at Maple Ki. We were warmly welcomed by Julianna and her mother Mary. Both are wonderful women who take great delight in sharing their lovely sanctuary on a small lake. Mary is everyone's idea of a grandmother and we so enjoyed interacting with her. Every morning we spent an hour and a half doing yoga under julianna's leadership. We found it great for all levels and she was very responsive to our requests. We both loved her excellent vegetarian food , although we are not vegetarians. Everything was prepared with fresh ingredients and with loving care. A canoe, kayaks and a number of well marked trails ensure the level of activity is great , should one choose. there is no pressurethough and relaxing with a book is just great too. we made some new friends and enjoyed the conversations with the other guests. I recommend Maple Ki for anyone seeking a little respite from their daily life.

Room Tip: The room downstairs, with its private balcony is excellent for couples. Upstairs is more challenging...