“Amazing retreat”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ontario
Maple Ki Forest and Spirit Water
Ranked #222 of 1,271 Specialty Lodging in Ontario
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Recently a friend and I spent 5 days at Maple Ki. We were warmly welcomed by Julianna and her mother Mary. Both are wonderful women who take great delight in sharing their lovely sanctuary on a small lake. Mary is everyone's idea of a grandmother and we so enjoyed interacting with her. Every morning we spent an hour and a half doing yoga under julianna's leadership. We found it great for all levels and she was very responsive to our requests. We both loved her excellent vegetarian food , although we are not vegetarians. Everything was prepared with fresh ingredients and with loving care. A canoe, kayaks and a number of well marked trails ensure the level of activity is great , should one choose. there is no pressurethough and relaxing with a book is just great too. we made some new friends and enjoyed the conversations with the other guests. I recommend Maple Ki for anyone seeking a little respite from their daily life.

Room Tip: The room downstairs, with its private balcony is excellent for couples. Upstairs is more challenging...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 29, 2012

I have been visitng Maple Ki Forest and Spirit Waters for the pat 15 years and I never tire of it.I return every year to bask in the warmth and generosity of the superb staff, the wonderful vegetraian food, the serenity and peacefulness which surrounds me. The beauty of the environment includes hiking trails, an awesome lake, and much much more, all of which is body and soul enriching.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 28, 2012

This was my second time at Maple Ki and it was just as wonderful as my first trip four years ago. Julianna provides a warm welcome and delicious vegetarian meals. We made good use of the canoe and kayak and still had lots of time for rest and rejuvenation. The shiatsu massage was a lovely treat, and morning yoga outdoors was wonderful. My cousin and I came for a relaxing time "just for us" and it was everything we could have wished for. I would highly recommend Maple Ki to anyone looking for a retreat experience!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Juliana was great in giving me a very detailed and helpful advise and directions to plan my trip in the beaver lake, whitelake region. I have been to 5 star hotels around the world, but the service I got here was terrific.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 22, 2012

This was my first retreat and Maple Ki was everything I was hoping for.Beautiful,peaceful location.Healing,nurturing environment.Amazing food!!!! I loved the yoga class,nothing like practicing yoga on the deck looking onto the lake...magical.I had my first shiatsu massage...heavenly!!!! Everyone I met at Maple Ki was so wonderful.This truly was one of the best experiences for me.I hope to return one day soon.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We just returned from our second stay at Maple Ki. It's an upscale, tastefully decorated property on a private lake with no motor boats. You can swim unhindered for almost a km. Canoes and kayaks are also available to paddle up the pristine Salmon river or to visit the rapids at the lake's outlet.

The owner, Julianna Norrie, hosts with a gentle, open touch. She prepares delicious vegetarian meals and serves meat on request. Each morning guests can participate in 1.5 hours of yoga either by the lake or in her large, windowed yoga space. She is available for a variety of spa treatments: body massage and reflexology, for example. Juliana enjoys sharing her extensive knowledge of health foods and holistic treatments with her guests. Her dining table offers a view of the surrounding forest and lake. I enjoy the modern decor which has a touch of old world charm. I'm looking forward to going in the winter to see the soaring central fireplace in action. It extends up to the peak of the cathedral ceiling, over 30 feet high.

We have come away each time feeling refreshed and nurtured.

Room Tip: The ground floor room off the wraparound porch is lovely.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2012

For five years in a row, my friend and I have facilitated Yoga / Healing retreats here at Maple Ki. More than a place to go to get away from city life, Maple Ki is graced with
calm waters, meditative hiking trails and our hosts are gentle and charming as the elegant home they open to us!
Always clean and neat, five star gourmet vegetarian food (this from a staunch omnivore!); there is much to do, read or learn, or do nothing at all. Thank YOU for having us!

Room Tip: The best room in the house is the north west corner with its own sliding glass doors that open onto...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business