“Great for intimate meals and large groups”
Review of Gente Trattoria - CLOSED

Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Toronto, Canada
“Great for intimate meals and large groups”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

After having eaten at this local area restaurant so many times I felt compelled to share my thoughts. The staff is ALWAYS extremely courteous and helpful. I am always amazed at how incredible the Caprese Salad and Sea Bass is - definitely favourite. My wife loves the fish as well as the chicken. My kids love the pasta and pizza. We have never had a bad meal here. The wine selection is incredibly reasonably priced for such high quality and hard to get wines. I always feel special when I go. Then I realized that many of my friends who have gone on my recommendation felt the same way. I was urged by my wife to suggest this restaurant last year for a Conference venue when about 30 people wanted to go out for supper after the Conference reception. This year many of the attendees that went to Gente last year returned - and they brought others. People from Mexico, across the US and Canada enjoyed the warmth, hospitality and excellent food at Gente. They were very pleased with my recommendation. Thanks to Eric and the staff at Gente for making me look good. This is a real find in our oipinion. By the way - they cater to food allergies and their prices are extremely reasonable for what you get - just the way I like it.

• Visited December 2012

Toronto
“Go for the pasta, stay for the fun!”
Reviewed May 27, 2012

This is a favourite bistro of ours now! Great starters and salads but it is the pasta and sauces that are so worth the calories. Gnocchi Gorgonzola is mouth watering! Lots of seconde options too, including fish specials but we don't manage to make it to that course! Staff are friendly and will make suggestions if you cannot decide. Make sure you chat with Vito too. Recommended.

• Visited May 2012