“Location is beautiful”
Review of Kelly's Landing

Kelly's Landing
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed October 14, 2012

The location of this resturant is beautiful anytime of year I am sure. This place has the potenial to be so much better. The menu is unimaginative and the food almosts seems like it is frozen and reheated in the microwave. The protion sizes is good and the presentation was lacking. I will give it a try again and hopefully it will be better.

6  Thank Duane L

Reviewed July 30, 2012

This past Sunday, my wife and I went for the third time to Kelly's Landing, this after 2 sub-par experiences. The reason we go is because friends of our live in Metcalfe and because of the patio view. Aside from the patio being on the river, there is nothing else Kelly's Landing does well. The service is absolutely atrocious. For starters, you can't make reservations. And if you plan on going as a group, you better have the whole group show up at the same time or else they won't seat you until your whole group shows up. This past Sunday, when the first two of us showed up, they didn't even want to seat the two of us at a table for 2 while we waited!! After making a bit of a fuss, I had to insist on the patio and a table while we waited. So much for accomodating the clientele. Instead it was the other way around, we had to accomodate them. Thankfully, there were some tables still available for the rest of our party when they showed up. Our friends who have gone there recently said that last time they went there, they had to wait 20 mins for a table, then another hour just to get their food. This past Sunday, they asked for our food orders before even asking us for drinks, this after waiting a good 10 mins after being seated. Also, they had a special on for "Prime Rib" steak dinner for $18.99. Well, seeing as it was on special, they sure cut down on the cost of the meal as only fries and "vegetables" came with the steak. And the vegetables? A small cup of coleslaw. If you wanted real vegetables and mashed or roasted potatoes, that was extra. Oh, and the steak was TERRIBLE. Thinnest steak ever and terribly cooked. And I'm by no means a fussy eater or picky. I've never written a review before about a restaurant because there are very little restaurants I dont' like. But this one is the worse I've ever been. Even the menu is terrible and has no selection. Please save yourself the drive and forget about this restaurant. Service is terrible. Food is terrible. Trust me. There are many more restaurants in Ottawa and area by the river and canal that are 100 times better.

10  Thank DanB1977
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Thi spot is located right on the Rideau River and is a great place to watch the boat traffic on a summer's day. There is a dock below the large patio where boats can moor. I sometimes stop in after a round of golf in the south end. There is a good selection of beer and the food has always been spot on. The specials are worth taking note of and the seafood has always been a hit. I recommend the Sailor's Sambucca Pasta.
es.
The service has been good and staff numbers are increased during busier tim

The interior of the restaurant is fairly small and the decor modest but welcoming. With the sliding doors open, it is quite airy and bright. From the roadway this is an unassuming stop but one worth taking. You need to take stairs to the river level so this might not be the best choice if you are mobility impaired.

2  Thank bulroc
Reviewed July 1, 2012

A patio right on the Rideau is all it had going for it. There'sa reason this placre had changed hands a dozen times in 15 years. Service was mediocre and something as simple as nachos they actually were able to make awful. "Loaded" nachos have black olives, cheese and few bits of tomatoe. That's all. No onion. No red or green peppers. Don't even think about jalpenos. Just a huge disappointment. Oh and they were burned. Oh and never did get the soda we ordered.

4  Thank Sunsequitur
Reviewed May 28, 2012

It's right on the water and the food is great! Service is very efficient and extremely friendly.

1  Thank Joan B