“Big portions”

Ranked #10 of 42 Restaurants in Pictou
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 8, 2013

The food here is great. I miss that it is closed until the Spring. I had the club house with fries, it was sooo good! The waitress was friendly, and the food was hot! The view was amazing looking out at the boats on the harbor. See you soon Saltwater Cafe!

1  Thank wilson1643

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Not a lot of options here in pictou, so we tried this place due it's advertised crab special and great location on the water. All out of crab. Tried the chicken quesadilla, which was quite good, and the mussels and seafood chowder. Mussels were large and plentiful, but needed a bit more flavor. Chowder was overpriced at $10 and needed more seafood. Service was efficient and very friendly, and the location was great. Not fine dining, but better than average. The blueberry grunt was very good, but please, use real whipped cream, not Cool-whip!

1  Thank Chris P
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Only opens at 4:30 in mid summer!!!!

I have been every summer and find it average all around but great location on the waterfront so worth checking out just for that. But not being open makes it difficult to even do that. I asked around and was told new owners so things hours have changed.

1  Thank DaleinHove
Reviewed July 30, 2013

A visit to Settlers Saltwater Café the other evening was a big disappointment. I believe this restaurant is for tourists who will eat and never be seen again. It was average food at above average price for what you get. You can't beat the location right on the water. The servers were all friendly and attentive.

The décor is casual with lawn chairs at the tables in the outer part of the restaurant. these are so low that a short person like myself, feels like a 4 yr. old sitting at the table. Cute but not practical nor comfortable. One of us ordered fishcakes. There were three fishcakes so think you could almost see through them although I'm told the flavour was ok. The accompanying Caesar Salad was mediocre at best. Weird tasting salad dressing and no bacon bits at all.

I ordered fish 'n chips. The fish came and were two triangles. What does THAT tell you!!! The fires were frozen shoestring fries. I ate, my stomach was full and as we walked out we both spoke at once and said that we would not go back there. You don't even get a roll or complimentary tap water with your meal.

Sorry Pictou, this is not one of your shining stars.

5  Thank darsie62
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Despite the mixed reviews we ate there and had good food and friendly service. It is a pub it was busy and had a good atmosphere. If you are happy with simple food and a few beers then go there. If your looking for fine dining then there really isn't anywhere in Pitcou.

1  Thank Wych