“Great food Great view”
Review of The Lobster Bar Restaurant - CLOSED

The Lobster Bar Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed August 8, 2014

I am a frequent visitor of this restaurant and I love it every time. I highly recommend the fish and chips or the haddock it is delicious. The restaurant is right on the water with a nice view of the harbour. They have lots of great food such as there Hector burger which is my friends favourite meal there and there casserole is really good to! I Highly recommend this great restaurant.

3  Thank Brennan M
There are newer reviews for The Lobster Bar Restaurant

Reviewed August 5, 2014

We were cruising through Pictou on our boat and looking for a place for dinner. There were two choices: a place on the water and the Lobster Bar, which seemed more local and quaint. We all had lobsters, which were fabulous. Friendly service.

5  Thank PanamaGeorge
Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

Visited the restaurant with family and ordered the poached salmon with garlic mashed potatoes and vegetables. When it arrived there was a disgustingly long piece of hair embedded in the lemon garnish on the plate. The waitress took it away and I gave my plate back. She brought it back about 15 min later with barely an apology and certainly no offer of a discount or free meal or complimentary dessert for the hairy garnish. Also my other family member discovered a hair in her food near the end of her meal. Didn't say anything at this point as we just wanted to get out of there. Would advise people not to waste their money at this place where cleanliness and customer service leaves a lot to be desired.

5  Thank L and S A
Reviewed July 28, 2014

Ate here with friends this afternoon and couldn't have picked a better place to catch up! Quite the cozy atmosphere, creative decor and East Coast music to go along with it. I had the chowder, it was excellent, and may have been the best i've ever had! My friends had the club sandwich and fisherman's platter, the platter had a bit of everything, it was ginormous and very worth the value. On the patio we had a great view of the waterfront and ship hector. Will definitely be returning!

3  Thank Laura P
Reviewed July 26, 2014

When the restaurant is deserted at lunch time on a beautiful Saturday, my family and i should have taken that as a hint into what we were getting into.

Although our waitress was very nice, prompt & came to us often to take our order & refill our drinks, that was the last of the positives.

First of all, the chairs were beyond uncomfortable, the music was too loud & the bathroom needs major repairs.

I was shocked the have the most boring plate of fish & chips put in front of me that was obviously taken from a bag from the freezer. For me, the fries were awful, the fish had a funky after taste.

My mother was happy with her chowder, but my father couldn't finish his clams because the were tough to chew.

When leaving, we were also ignored & avoided by the other waitress who did not wait on us.

I will never eat here again & will tell people to eat elsewhere.

2  Thank kdrapes