“So accommodating”

Stone Soup Cafe
Ranked #3 of 38 Restaurants in Pictou
Cuisines: Cafe, Canadian, Soups
Good for: Local cuisine, Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: We are a small, licensed, family run cafe. We try to use local products whenever possible, and are open for breakfast and lunch year round. We carry gluten free products and all our soups, chowders and dressings are homemade and gluten free. Because we start from scratch, we can accommodate special dietary needs.
Calgary, Canada
“So accommodating”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014

We stopped in here on our first day in Pictou county for a light lunch. We had just missed the lunch rush and it was one of those funny happenstance when everything you order they are out of. The staff tried so hard and very successfully to make up substitutions for us.
Cute little cafe to eat and I am sure if they had sold out of most of their lunch menu that day the food must be amazing!
Thank you to the staff for being so friendly and accommodating!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Maxx B

Pictou, Canada
“Always a great meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

My sister, elderly Mom and myself enjoyed the Stone Soup Café last week. I have taken my Mother there a few times and thought I would bring my sister as she was in town for the day. As always, the food was delicious. We were seated and brought menus as soon as we arrived. I am sure that they take extra care for the elderly which is very appreciated. The menu is diverse and has something for everyone. I am gluten free and they always have bread or buns available so I don't have to eat my burger or sandwich without. The staff are very knowledgeable about gluten free and let you know if you are ordering something that may contain gluten. Prices are good and the food and service are always perfect. One of our faves.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank thesusieq
Pictou, Canada
“Quaint Cafe with delicious food and great service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

My husband and I are residents who frequent this lovely gem of a restaurant. We usually have the eggs benedict, which is delicious...and their coffee is organic, and is also delicious. We always feel at home, with the friendly attention and conversation that we receive from the owners. We always enjoy our Sunday brunch at the Stone Soup Cafe! I would highly recommend it for anyone looking for delicious, home-cooked, and even specialty food. There is something for everyone on the menu!

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank TheLordismyShepard
hampshire
“great for lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

we had a lightish lunch,but i think this was the best chowder of many that I tasted on our recent trip to the Maritimes

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank pensioner309
Pictou, Nova Scotia, Canada
“It was like a trip home!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

The restaurant is a very comfortable family run cafe. Don't let the name deceive you though, they don't just sell soups, or sandwiches for that matter. Their menu was surprisingly large and it was made evidently clear the time taken in deciding which dishes to serve. They even had a falafal!

The working staff was friendly and the atmosphere kind and clean. Pictou seems to be hiding a gem of an eating spot, it's hidden away behind the Lobster Bar but well worth your stop if you are working your way through. It's clear that the owners take pride in their establishment and use as many local and fresh ingredients that they can.

• Visited October 2013