This beautiful location on the shores of the Northumberland Strait offers cozy rustic accomodations and more upscale cottages. The log structures take you back to days gone by when life was not as hectic or plugged in. Very relaxing. What is missing, the expected level of service and quality of food that is part of that resort experience. I recently spent several days at 'the lodge' and found there was an obvious lack of customer service at the check in desk and dining room, more of a sense of 'oh, you would like something?' The gorgeous view of the sea made for an enjoyable dining experience, the food not so much. Presentation lovely, lamb ordered medium, served well done, seafood chowder, cream with bits of seafood, the heavy cream overpowered any flavor of the seafood. At resort pricing I had expected a higher level of service and more enjoyable dining experience. That being said the property itself is very enjoyable and relaxing. Beds very comfortable and who wouldn't relax looking out over the calm waters.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nova Scotia Beach Resort - Pictou Lodge Beachfront Resort Atlantic Canada Premier Vacation DestinationPictou Lodge Resort, Nova Scotia is just minutes from both Pictou, home of the Ship Hector, and the PEI ferry. Our Nova Scotia oceanside resort features log cottages, private beaches and natural family recreation activities. Experience renowned Taste of Nova Scotia seafood dining and a famous Sunday brunch in our fireside dining room and Oceanview Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Pictou Lodge Beachfront Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pictou Lodge Beachfront Hotel Pictou
- Pictou Hotel
- Pictou Lodge Beachfront Resort Nova Scotia