Pictou Lodge Beachfront Resort
Tara Inn(New Glasgow)
  • Free Internet
Balmoral Motel(Tatamagouche)
View Hotel
All reviewsnorthumberland straitdining roompaddle boatsfire pitnova scotiamusselsbeautiful locationexecutive chaletwedding receptionqueen suiteadirondack chairsprivate beachthree bedroomfamily vacationmotel stylegames roomspent nights here
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 29, 2012

I have been going to the Pictou Lodge for lunches and dinners for several years and very much enjoyed the experience. Last year was exceptional and the Chef did a fabulous job and she actually came out to introduce herself to the guests...a great gal. This year there seems to be a change, very limited menu to choose from for dinner items and today when we went in for Haddock and fries ($15.00 each) we were less than pleased. The fish was so overcooked that the coating was almost burnt and was hard and crunchy and the fish itself was of course dried out. I ordered a salad that was nothing more than a few pieces of spinach topped with a table spoonful of blueberries and some pecans that was served in a small fruit dish. We were asked if everything was fine and when we told them about the over cooked fish it was just passed off and we were asked if we wanted to fill out a comment card?? Seriously, that is it? Forty dollars is a steep price for lunch time fish and chips that is less than satisfactory. Where is the great Chef from last year??

4  Thank Victoria A
Reviewed August 27, 2012

My family and I had a nice day and the day. The cottage was brand new, very clean with all facilities to stay for a week or more. The beds were cozy. Professional staff are friendly with good manner. Thank to all staff and manager.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Stayed here with the little Mrs for a Relaxing weekend started off nice the cheese tray and fruit tray we ordered was already in the room waiting for us, as well as the Homemade cookies for an evening snack our room was very clean nice size very nice price. Then we realized we were in the middle of a large wedding party and of course the couple next to us was party central for the wedding party, and this put the little Mrs in a fowl mood to say the least, then we tried to get a dinner reservation 5 mins after we checked in but the earliest we could get was 8:30 adding to my wife's displeasure she had expressed to the clerks working the front desk... After the late meal our waiter had asked if were staying the evening and we told him yes but the stay was anything but relaxing, so he went to check with management or the head clerk working and they graciously offered to upgrade us to the 3 bedroom executive chalet for the rest of our stay at no additional charge far away form the wedding party which brought the little Mrs out of her fowl mood and this gesture made everything OK and brought our weekend to a relaxing and happy ending, Thanks for the nice work on the customer service on this situation and made everything alright..

2  Thank Dominic E
Reviewed August 27, 2012

We had a great time at this resort! We had made reservations thru Booking.com a month earlier. When we arrived, the front desk did not have our reservations. They said this often happens to people who use Booking.com! So please people - do not use Booking.com! However, they were able to put us in one suite for that night and then move us to another one the next day. Everyone at the resort was very friendly and helpful. The food at the restaurant was sooooooooo delicious! It was the best that we had on our vacation traveling thru Prince Edward Island and all over Nova Scotia! And we were pleasantly surprised that the food prices were very reasonable! It is a great place to go on vacation! I enjoyed just relaxing on the beach and my husband and I took long beach walks after supper every night!

Reviewed August 19, 2012

This property is outstanding, beautiful scenery, beautiful Lodge, wonderful food and good ole Nova Scotian Hospitality! When my family and I arrived we were greeted by a very bubbly pleasant desk clerk that welcomed us, very efficient and got us excited to stay. Our room was beautifully decorated and very clean and well maintained. We ate in the glassed in area in the evening with an outstanding view of the water. Our waitress and all working were above average and well trained. Food was FANTASTIC!! We had a wonderful evening, listening to live music from a wedding going on so that was a special treat. Breakfast the next morning was incredible, crabcakes OH MY!!! delicious. This is an old Lodge, and not the Trump Hotel, if you appreciate history, you will appreciate this. I reccommend this little treasure to anyone, including Mr. Trump himself!

I will admit, I was a little nervous when I read some of the reviews posted here to make a reservation, however, I am a person who can decide on my own and I am glad I did and highly encourage others to do the same. Some people unfortunately experience a less than expected experience, and seem to use this site to "bash" hotels, restaurants etc. This is fine, it is YOUR opinion, but have some self respect and respect for the hotels, restaurants, airlines as these people work hard for YOU, A little piece of advice, work with the teams of the establishments and you will see they will work with you to resolve any problems.

God Bless

Room Tip: Do your history on this Lodge, you will appreciate it more! and Enjoy!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends