“The one in the mall, not Barrington!”
Review of Venus Pizza

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Venus Pizza
Ranked #494 of 750 Restaurants in Halifax
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

Have had both tremendous service and poor service. My favourite shawarma so far in halifax. Quite good.

1  Thank MiloMiaReview

Reviewed April 23, 2012

We stopped in here for a something to eat while we were out walking around the city. Having never been here before, we wanted to give it a try. I have never in my life had the horrible service that I experienced in Venus Pizza. We were are from Cape Breton, and everyone knows us for our friendliness and easy going, laid back nature. We went in and wanted to take a minute to look at the menu, since we had never been there before. The man, who was possibly the owner, was the WORST. He was yelling at people, rushing everyone, he threw a package of donair shells on the floor and stormed away because he was angry. He made a face at my friend when she didn't want any sauce on her food, as if to say "ok, weirdo". He yelled at my husband to "get over here and TELL him what kind of pizza slice he wanted". He was especially rude with me. I ordered a donair and Souvlakis, but he told me I would have to wait 10-15 mins on them. I didn't mind waiting, but decided to just get the donair since the place was busy and I would be the last one finishing eating with the people I was with. He went out back to get more pickles and when he came back, I told him I just wanted the donair, and not to worry about Souvlakis. His response was "Oh, so now that they are started and almost ready, you don't want them? What am I going to do with them?". They were not started yet, because he was not gone long enough out back to make anything, just to grab the tray of pickles, and he would have had to cut the meat off the spit, which he didn't, I was watching. To be nice, I told him I didn't know they were started and I would take them, his response was to yell at me, "No, never mind! FORGET IT!" and tossed my donair to the other guy working behind the counter and yelled to him "here, give this to her!". I can't believe I paid someone to speak to me like this. Had the meal not been paid for, I certainly would have left. I can't believe he can talk to people like that and get away with it. I was with 3 other people, and it was our first time there and none of us will ever go back. I have also been letting everyone know about this rotten man and his bad service, and they will not go there either now. No one wants to be insulted or treated like dirt when they are paying for food or a service.

2  Thank cutecapers
Reviewed January 17, 2012

cant stop thinking about their donairs, which they had them in Montreal!

1  Thank camray22
Reviewed November 20, 2011

amazing donairs! great service even when they are busy.