“Great food and a excellent convenient location”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Hala's Pizza & Doniar
Ranked #450 of 748 Restaurants in Halifax
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I was in Hala's Pizza & Doniar on the evening of Oct 5. The restaurant is next door to the Holiday Inn for which I stayed. I ordered a large pizza, which I enjoyed. Flavorful and not greasy. The beer and wine store is in the same strip mall. Beer and pizza all in walking distance, what's there not to like?

1  Thank Bernie L

Reviewed August 28, 2013

I really did like the Pizza, it was one the better PIzza's I've ever had - but when we ordered, I couldn't believe it almost came to $35 for a large!
So we did a basic pep n' cheese and it broght it down to about $26... We needed something quick after driving all day and staying at the hotel beside them - it was really good pizza though!

1  Thank Darren G
Reviewed August 6, 2013

the meal plates were fantastic, huge portions and massive flavour. I wanted to have an "authentic" halifax donair before i left and the one i ate here was delicious. The meal plate came with hummus, tabbouleh and i think kebbeh. The tabbouleh was would be a little strong for a weaker palate but was great when mixed with the donair or the hummus. My wife had the falafal and it was also quite tasty. One thing worth mentioning was the atmosphere was quite good too, it's a quicker serve restaurant but the grill and food prep area is visible. The one older cook was singing away and it was tough not to smile at the entertainment! Well done.

1  Thank SCOTT M
Reviewed September 9, 2012

The place reminded me of my visits to the mediterranean. The decor is simple with many images of the sea on the walls.
We had the Greek Pizza on our first visit, the toppings were plenty and fresh but the best thing about it was the home made pizza bread... I could just eat that by itself.
On our second visit, we ordered the Garlic Fingers and Doniars ... so yummy and delicious. Eat in or take out.. this little restaurant is wonderful place to order pizza and share with friends.

3  Thank GigiofHalifax
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Have eaten here a few times before, mainly because of the handy location. This time we had a medium donair and a chicken shawarma wrap. The donair was OK but could have done with more donair sauce. The chicken shawarma was quite dry and bland - needed something to spice it up. Doubt if we will be back.