“Not Impressed. Will never go there again.”
Review of Split Crow Pub

Split Crow Pub
Ranked #131 of 715 Restaurants in Halifax
Cuisines: Bar, Pub, Canadian, Gastropub
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Drinks, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Downtown Halifax
Truro, Canada
“Not Impressed. Will never go there again.”
Reviewed December 14, 2012

We went to the Split Crow in Halifax on a hot day and sat out on the sidewalk patio. At first I was a little put off by what I thought was a slight sewer smell. Anyhow, I ignored it and we ordered our meal. My husband had bangers and mash and his was OK. I had something like a Philly steak sandwich which was probably one of the worse Philly sandwiches I have had. It just had no pazazz, very plain, uninviting in looks and taste. But the worse experience was when I decided to go to the washroom before we left. It was the worst experience I have ever had in my life. It was like going to the bowels of the Halifax sewer. Then I knew where the smell on the outside patio came from. It was worse than any garage washroom I had experienced as a child when washrooms weren't up to the standards that they are today. Even the fixtures looked like they were corroding from the toxic odors. I shivered at touching the door to get out. I love restaurants with clean tidy bathrooms and this is definitely not one of those. So if you go to this restaurant and you need to go...go to the washroom at the restaurant next door!! Hopefully that one will be better.

• Visited August 2012

Toronto, Canada
“More please”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

What a great place to spend a Saturday night! The band was great, the place was hopping and despite its business, the service was attentive and pleasant.

Visited October 2012
2 Thank KManson14
Brandon, Manitoba, Canada
“Fun Spot”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Drinks and local music. The evening went by quickly. It was very enjoyable.....I was surprised that there were so many people there on a week night.

Visited October 2012
tchrs
“Local color in an Historic Properties building”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

This is a place for the locals. 25 years ago it was a bit brighter and busier. The last years have not been kind as it looks tired and worn. The proprietor is friendly as are the patrons. This used to be a place to spend the evening. Now a quick beer is a better choice.

• Visited September 2012
Windsor, Canada
“Love it, but please do a spring cleaning”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

The legendary Split Crow. The history of this pub is entrenched in Halifax. It has some of the best entertainment in town and good cold beer. It's nice to see the familiar faces of the staff that have been working there for many years. It's like going home for a drink.
The new menu is good but very pricey, not sure if it's worth it. It's time for a serious clean up as well. With all the new and fancy bars on Halifax, the Crow should be spending money on keeping up (a little).

Visited August 2012