“One of our favourites when visiting Halifax.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ristorante a Mano
Ranked #19 of 710 Restaurants in Halifax
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Downtown Halifax
Nova Scotia
“One of our favourites when visiting Halifax.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

We've been to this bustling and buzzing Italian eatery on several occasions. Excellent fresh pasta dishes. Superb thin crust pizzas. Delicious seafood dishes. Try this place. Better make a reservation, it is always busy. My kids love choosing a gelato for dessert - pistachio is their current favorite.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank TripCaper

Vancouver, Canada
“Very good dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014

Stopped in here for dinner while recently in town. Great location; down by the water. Fair sized place with around 80-100 seats?
The menu has great appetizers, pasta's, pizza's and entrees. I started with the chicken, meat balls and vegetable soup .. very good.
Then I had the lasagna, good .. but not great.
Great service .. good food. Total bill after one beer and tax/tip was $38.
I would come back here if I am in town again.

• Visited March 2014
Halifax, Canada
“Fabulous meal & service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2014

Last night I enjoyed a wonderful meal at Ristorante a Mano - my first visit there. We started with the calamari - light and tender - wonderful. I had the Spaghettini alla Sabbia con Gamberiand and was delighted with the dish. The shrimp were indeed jumbo and cooked perfectly. The sauce was light but flavourful. I loved it so much I would consider ordering it again on my next visit. My partner enjoyed the Tartufata pizza with the addition of some prosciutto, as recommended by the waitress. Of course I had to give it a taste - it was delicious! We shared the Crespelle alla Nutella for dessert - very chocolaty. There was enough for 3 or 4 people if you just want a little something sweet after dinner. The service was excellent by a cheerful and efficient waitress. The atmosphere was pleasant. It got a little noisy once the room filled up but that gave it more of a feeling of being in a ristorante in Italy! The only thing that surprised me was the cost of a half litre of wine - $33. That seemed a bit steep but I'm guessing it is designed to encourage you to order a full bottle, which would have cost only $11 more (definitely the way to go if more than one person wants wine with dinner). Other than that everything was fabulous and I will definitely visit again!

• Visited April 2014
Halifax, Canada
“Great food, great service, excellent menu and prices.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

The handmade pastas are all excellent - tender gnocchi and incredibly light pumpkin ravioli in butter sage sauce - yummy!).
I've had their pizza a couple of times and enjoyed them.
The mango sorbet is fantastic - enough so that we have walked in off the street in the past and ordered it to go (perfect on a hot summer afternoon!!).
I had their cheesecake last weekend and it was the lightest that I have ever tasted. Their gelato is really good too!
The wine list isn't as vast as I would like, especially the wines by the glass but it is sufficient to match the menu. They also offer a BYOW (corkage fee in the $20 range - but offered nonetheless).
The appetizers are really quite good and there is a nice selection of small plates that can be easily shared.
The quality of the experience is reflected in the size of the crowd - call ahead and make a reservation just to be safe!
My only complaint is that they have their audio system turned up quite loud.
Definitely a family favourite.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank PepperGrinder_2
Fall River, Canada
“Great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

This is owned by the same people as bicycle thief. The prices are better but the food is not worse because of it. You may not get the extensive wine list but going for lunch or dinner is a can't miss.

• Visited August 2013