“A nice find on the Halifax waterfront”
Review of Ristorante a Mano

Ristorante a Mano
Ranked #27 of 775 Restaurants in Halifax
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Halifax
Reviewed October 10, 2013

We visited on a Wednesday evening without a reservation. After a very brief wait we were given a lovely table by a window.
Service by Paige was fast, efficient and very friendly. In fact everyone we encountered who worked at the restaurant went out of their way to be friendly.
I had the lasagna, and my wife had the spaghettini and meatballs. The latter was served with four oversized meatballs, and both meals were delicious. The cost was $16 and $17 respectively, which was very reasonable.
You truly have the feeling off being in a small Italian bistro. They even had an Italian movie playing on large flatscreen TV.
The wine seemed a bit pricey, with a half liter of a modest Pinot Grigio costing $39.
We dined for $83 without an appetizer, dessert or tea and coffee.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Another wonderful find. A Mano is tucked away at Bishops Landing along the waterfront. It has a relaxed Italian atmosphere. We sat outside to enjoy the last days of summer and enjoy we did, Everything on the menu caught our attention, but we decided on the stuffed clams and stuffed mushrooms...yum! We decided to share a pizza and the mushroom and mozzarella thin crust was perfect, along with a fantastic "Heavyweight" Cabernet Sauvignon. Desserts and coffee (Americano) finished off the lovely afternoon.
We will return to try dinner....I feel we will NOT be disappointed :)

Reviewed September 15, 2013

I had a very important supper meeting and Tanya took care of it all...right down to special private dining area along with an perfect waitor! Meal was perfect as well...all my guests commented positively...what more could I ask for!

Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

I went to Ristorante A Mano a few nights ago with my friends, and was met with overwhelming noise as soon as we walked in. The place was so loud, that my friends and I literally could not hear each other or our server when he came over to take our drink orders. The restaurant is nice; has nice lanterns/lamps hanging from the ceiling over most of the tables, but nothing to get too excited over. This was a Friday night, and like most other restaurants in Halifax on a Friday night, this place was very busy. (I have to say the bathroom was nice and clean). I ordered a Sangria to drink, and it wasn't great-I should mention that it was $11. I ordered some type of flatbread appetizer to share with the girls. It was alright. I then ordered what was basically spaghettini pasta with a cream sauce, melted cheese and 5 shrimp. It was bland and had very little taste. That was $17. I also ordered a peach Bellini, $7 which was also average (it wasn't frozen like I was expecting). For dessert, I ordered the Nutella crepe. That was the best part of the meal.

I understand that this is classed as an "upscale" restaurant in Halifax and I wasn't expecting it to be cheap. But for some less than average food, my bill totaled close to $70 alone. That is what my husband and I would pay for BOTH of us to eat at a pretty decent restaurant.

Lots of obnoxious drunkards sitting next to us, trying to talk to us. Don't get me wrong, we were having fun when we could hear each other talk. I don't get what the big deal is about this place, but I won't be going back. I'd rather eat Eastside Mario's Italian any day.

1  Thank shaunal416
Reviewed September 14, 2013

A Mano is a nice restaurant the only reason I gave it an average rating is because the atmosphere was just not for me. The place was packed and seemed way to loud and busy. We could not have a nice conversation because we had to yell across the table to be able to hear each other.
I am a Pasta lover and will try to come back at some other time where it hopefully won't be so full.