“Great food- awesome staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Ristorante a Mano

Ristorante a Mano
Ranked #15 of 711 Restaurants in Halifax
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Downtown Halifax
Moncton, Canada
“Great food- awesome staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

My boyfriend and I went here for the first time in July 2013 when we were meeting up with some friends we hadn't seen for a while. We were coming from New Brunswick and they recommended this restaurant- thankfully they made reservations for this busy friday night (Jazz festival was in town). We were seated inside it was extremely NOISY! We asked if we could be seated outside since we couldn't even hear ourselves think, let alone catch up. The staff were extremely accomodating and we were moved outside. The table we got was half under the cover, and it began to rain. We saw another empty table that was completely covered and asked if we could be moved again (yes, we became "those people" lol). Again, they moved us over with a smile! We shared the pear and goat cheese appetizer, which was amazing! My boyfriend had the vegetarian pizza while I stayed with the gnocchi in a tomato sauce- definitely did not disappoint! The portions are good for the price, and I would definitely recommend to anyone!

Bedford, Canada
“Always a good choice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

After a long break I've been back to a Mano three times over the past month, twice with my wife and once for a business lunch and have to say that it is always a good choice.

The food is always fresh and tasty and they have a wide selection. My wife always enjoys the veal dishes and on my last visit I had an excellent the seafood lingini. They also serve what we think is one of the best calimari appetizers in Halifax. Service is usually quite good, although it can vary a bit depending on how busy the restaurant is at the time.

In the summer a good choice is to select a table outside, especially on a nice evening. One issue with the tables inside is that when the restaurant is busy it can be very noisy and sometimes hard to hear what others at for table are saying.

We will keep going back!

Halifax, Canada
“Very Enjoyable.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

Went to Ristorante a Mano for the first time last night to celebrate our anniversary. As it was a Saturday night it was quite busy, luckily we made a reservation a few days in advance.
We were seated and were missing cutlery, which unfortunately didn't arrive until after our appetizer upon our request, not a big deal and perhaps the server just didn't notice but it would have been if the hostess who seated us had mentioned it to her.
Our server Melissa was very friendly, bubbly, and made great recommendations. My boyfriend is not a big wine drinker but she suggested a red that he really enjoyed - 10$ for the glass.
I had the french cosmopolitan, for $11, very good but priced a bit high in my opinion.
Started with the stuffed mushrooms and they were fantastic. We each had pasta for our main, his was the shrimp in cream sauce and mine was chicken with mushroom and caramelized onions in a red wine demi-glace. Both were delicious although the portion size was perhaps a bit small - my boyfriend commented that he almost would have liked to order a second plate because it was that good and he was disappointed he didn't have a bit more.
Decided to skip dessert (neither of us are gelato fans and all but one or two of their desserts had it incorporated - understandable since I think it is one of their staples.)
Tip included it came to 84$ which wasn't bad, but again, the portion sizes could have perhaps been just slightly more generous and the drinks (not including the wine) seemed to be a bit overpriced - might skip out on the cocktail next time.
For a very busy night we were seated and out within an hour, which is very impressive. A few others have commented that the dining room was very loud, and I did find this to be true - had to ask my boyfriend to speak up quite a few times so maybe not the best place for an intimate conversation.
We would definitely return.

Halifax, Canada
“We won't bother returning.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

We arrived at this restaurant on Saturday, July 26 at 6:30. One group arrived just ahead of us and the host asked if they had a reservation, to which they answered "no" but they were seated anyway. Then the host asked us if we had a reservation. We also replied "no" and he then told us he couldn't possibly seat us until at least 9:30 (three hours later). We felt as though they didn't want us as we had children with us, although they are 10 and 12 years old. We left and had a lovely meal at Piatto around the corner...great food and great service.

We have eaten at Ristorante A Mano before and enjoyed the food, but never really felt that the children were welcomed.

A little tip to the host...if you're going to tell a group you can't seat them without a reservation, you should probably make sure that they haven't overheard you seating others without reservations.

1 Thank JustMeinNS
London, Ontario
“Always very good.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

Have been here a couple of times and it is always very good. Pricing is middle of the road but food quality is high. Dining room is a little loud but you get use to it. Try the bruschetta to start it is unreal.

Visited July 2013