“Favorite place for Italian in Halifax!”
Review of Ristorante a Mano

Ristorante a Mano
Ranked #13 of 742 Restaurants in Halifax
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Halifax
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I've been to a Mano mutliple times. It's convenient location downtown makes it a great lunch spot for Haligonians working downtown, but because it's close to the waterfront, it's a great place for dinner followed by a nice scenic walk in the evenings too. The wait staff are very attentive and pleasant and the food selection is great. I'm a huge fan of the standard spaghetti and meat balls (great portions; always leftovers), but I've had friends get vegatarian dishes and be extremely pleased with the salad selection as well. I've heard their gelato is delicious, but haven't had the pleasure yet. Decent wine selection and prices are quite good. Seating can be a bit cramped if you're at a table of two, and parking can be difficult because of it's prime location downtown. Overall, a lovely restaurant with delicious Italian cuisine that everyone should try while in Halifax!

Reviewed February 13, 2013

Went for lunch on my own. Seated at a bad table, asked to be moved. Wait staff should consider where to seat someone who is alone and not put him or her in the middle of the resto. Food was okay.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

A disclaimer: I maybe a little biased rating this restaurant, since I have a friend who works there. He graduated from culinary arts school and used to be the pastry & dessert chef at this location, but I believe he may have moved onto other kitchen duties in the same location by now.

I initially visited this restaurant to sample his desserts and man, I was impressed! A simple sundae made there takes you on a heavenly journey, since most ingredients are made from scratch. So in the sundae example, the cherry syrup was made from scratch and you can taste the difference. Some pastas are also made from scratch as well, such as the gnocchi. The atmosphere is wonderful and the service is great. I would love to eat there again, but my fiancé was not all too impressed by the restaurant only because he likes larger portions. Being half his size, I can easily state that I prefer quality over quantity.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

This place is worth spending the $$.

First of all, they have a good wine list. Interesting selections and wines I had never tried before.

Recommend: Insalata Erbette (salad), Stinco Di Agnello (lamb), Gnocci alla Bolognese, Margherita pizza, Tiramisu, Handmade Gelati.

They have outdoor seating during summer and a not-to-noisy interior.

This is an awesome restaurant.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

My family and I had the opportunity to visit Amano's last week. Our two teenage sons (16 and 19) love Amano's to the point that it is their "Go To" destination for Birthday's and Special Events throughout the year where a litte celebration is in order. On this occasion we were enjoying my older son's 19th Birthday. Amano's is well worth a visit!

We ordered the Pollo Pizza and Lasagna, both were fantastic. The Pollo is made with the freshest ingredients and is truly one of the best Pizza's in the City! They have a good selection of Wine and Beer and their prices are competitive. Our Server was excellent and accommodated our needs with a very pleasant demeanor and a happy smile. Amano's, we would recommend for families and absolutely a great place for the rare date night too!