“My favourite”

Your Father's Moustache
Ranked #25 of 715 Restaurants in Halifax
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Canadian
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Downtown Halifax
Description: Your Father's Moustache is the place to be for great food, fun and live entertainment in downtown Halifax. Our scrumptious menu includes fish and chips, lobster, pasta, steaks, and seafood. Our patio has been voted #1 in halifax for the last 11 years for best patio. Our pub club was so good for so long that they retired the club category and we are forever the best club in town. Voted best wings, best caesar, best brunch and best service at different times over the last few years. Our legendary brunch is available Saturday, Sunday and all holidays. Hope to see you at the Stache.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My favourite”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Come here quite often... Especially hungover for some breakfast and drinks. One of my favourite spots for sure ... A few outstanding servers are worth mentioning - katlin, Jessica and "brownie"! Always look forward to having one of them serve my table ... They all go out of their way to accommodate and make you feel at home in a truly genuine way. Brownie is a jokester who always keeps us laughing and i always look forward to having him as a server. Jessica and katlin are both excellent servers - very attentive, knowledgable and super sweet. Can't say enough good things about these 3! Thanks for an always great experience and look forward to next weekend :)

• Visited March 2014

Fredericton, Canada
“Good Pub Food - Good Drinks - Great Service”
Reviewed February 1, 2014

We went to Your Father's Moustache to have a couple of appetizers and more than a few drinks and were quite happy with our visit. The waitress was what really made our time there nice.

The Thai chicken bites were good and had just enough spiciness, the quesedilla was pretty average but we ate it all. There were surprisingly few craft beers on the menu but those we had were great! Their wine list was similarly short but all good. I had one mixed drink and it was awesome.

We had no trouble getting a table around 6:30 and the place cleared out quite a bit by 9:30 or so. You could feel a second wave coming as the diners left and the drinkers started coming in. They were all set up for a band.

The waitress was very friendly and attentive, even when it was busy. She wasn't pushy and never hesitated to offer her opinion about the drinks wham we asked. She was extremely prompt with our bill. It seemed as though all the staff were quite happy and they were what set this pub apart from others. I've been here a few times and it has always been fun.

• Visited February 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“made me feel at home”
Reviewed February 1, 2014

A nice pub that made me feel at home in newfoundland, food was good and servers were very nice. The decor was awesome, I loved the atmosphere.

• Visited January 2014
Halifax, Canada
“Best music on a Saturday”
Reviewed February 1, 2014

I went for the Joe Murphy Saturday matinee. Had the haddock while listening to great blues. Fish was good; music great.

Visited July 2013
Halifax, Canada
“Never again for brunch”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

The brunch at Your Father's Moustache was recommended to us this past weekend so we dropped by for Eggs Florentine and Asparagus Crepes. Both dishes were quite tasteless. The hollandaise sauce was sweet and thick. The worse I've ever tasted. I actually scraped it off my crepes. A béchamel sauce with mushrooms would have been a much better match for this dish. Although we weren't pleased with our meals we were very impressed with our waitress, Cooper. She was very welcoming, had a beautiful friendly smile and was super efficient! Because of her my rating went from poor to average.

• Visited January 2014