“Gone way down hill!”

Fredies Fantastic Fishhouse
Ranked #1 of 757 Restaurants in Halifax
Cuisines: Seafood, Canadian
Good for: Local cuisine
Description: Fredies Fantastic Fishhouse is a small diner located in Bayers Lake Park. We specialize in Fresh Fish and hand cut Fries, Chowder, Fresh Whole Clams, Digby Scallops and Pure Lobster Rolls. We are passionate about providing our Customers with the best service and freshest seafood that Nova Scotia has to offer.
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Been about 7 months since I hate here and this time I could not eat the fish! Very bland and greasy with the batter not covering the fish totally. Plus a few hairs from the "in over their heads" ladies that were working there.This place was a weekly visit the first 2 years for me.I would have returned it but was short on time. I will return to tell them about this now that Iam home again. Do not go here unless you can go back in time a year.

fredie657, Owner at Fredies Fantastic Fishhouse, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2014

Thank you for your review. It saddens us to hear you did not have a great experience with us. Your so important to our business.
We are truly sorry we disappointed you!
We want our Customers to enjoy our Fresh Fish, therefore we do our best to keep our batter light.. If you would prefer a thicker batter, just let us know.. we would be more then happy to accommodate your requests. Making you happy is all we really care about. Please allow us to correct your experience with us.

We are nothing without YOU!

Tammy Frederick

Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

A friend of mine who is a Newfoundlander has always told me about fries dressing and gravy and how amazing it is. I was a little hesitant about it but when she heard that Fredie's makes them she had to go and I had to come and try them. It was amazing. The fish was amazing, the Newfie fries were to die for. I will be back! Maybe not as soon as I would like to be. You need to try this!!

2  Thank Kendrazwicker85
Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

My Newfie friend decided to bring me here so I could have my first fries, dressing and gravy experience and my god was it delicious! The people are amazing, friendly and made me feel like an honorary Newfie. Newfie fries are definitely a new favorite.

3  Thank Olivia R
Reviewed January 30, 2014

First time visiting this wonderful place and it blew every expectation out of the water. Amazingly friendly staff and incredible fish. But the best part by far was the Newfie fries - fries, dressing and gravy! Being a Newfoundlander this is my new favourite treasure and I will definitely be back any time I need a piece of home!!

2  Thank Ashley2404
Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

My Newfie friend decided to take me here so I could have my first fries, dressing and gravy experience. And my god it was delicious!! The people are so friendly and made me feel like an honorary Newfie! Newfie fries are definitely a new favorite! :)

4  Thank Olivia R