“Best Pizza Ever”

Ranked #28 of 800 Restaurants in Halifax
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Unique and delicious wood fired pizza served in a warm and cozy environment. Choose from a variety of mouth watering toppings not found elsewhere or even vegetarian and gluten free options.
Reviewed July 8, 2018

After arriving back in Halifax on a Sunday night and staying with our daughter, we decided to head out for dinner and she suggested Morris East just around the corner from her apartment in downtown Halifax.

Being very warm that night we sat out on the patio ready for some cold beer and undoubtedly the best pizza I've had in a long time.

After enquiring, our server suggested some local craft beer for me and promptly had the drinks at our table in record time.

Our daughter had the Margherita, I had the Mushroom and my wife settled on the old standard, but her favourite pepperoni.

The Mushroom pizza was fantastic. It was so good. Large field mushrooms and the crust was done to perfection. I've could have eaten another one.

I tried a bite of the Margherita and it was outstanding as well.

My daughter and I finished off the meal with the Salted Carmel Tart for dessert and again it was excellent.

If you're in Halifax and are looking for pizza in a great location on the downtown, then I would recommend heading on over to Morris East. Cold beer, great pizza and a super evening out!

Reviewed June 5, 2018

No question Morris East is overpriced, but then again, so much in Halifax is. At least here, you're at least likely to leave full and having had a good time.

Service can be hit-or-miss depending on the time and person, and especially when it's busy, the kitchen seems to become overwhelmed quickly. The cocktails are good and the bartenders friendly, and the vibe of the place is relaxed and hip, if not a tad loud -- but hey, it's a pizza joint.

Pizza is good; not up to the same standard as New York or Italy, but that's not where we are: for Halifax, it's the best I've come across. Flavours and ingredients are creatively paired but complement each other well, with specials that give some variety to the menu. The dessert s'more lives up to its reputation.

Reviewed May 26, 2018 via mobile

We don’t visit here often enough. But every time we do, we are reminded how great of a this place it is. If you want great pizza, with variety of choice, but consistent quality, his place is perfect. Such a lovely little date spot. We have never had a bad meal (drink, app, pizza, or dessert! Everything as been exceptional!) and staff are friendly, knowledgeable, and prompt. Keep it up! It’s places like THIS that will stick around.

Reviewed May 12, 2018

I have tried at least four different Morris East pizzas, as well as several soups and the caesar salad. All pizzas have been great tasting, served hot, and generally offer something a little different in terms of toppings and flavours... which I like! My favourite of the four was probably Lemon Chicken, followed by Sweet and Spicy Hawaiian.

The lunch special includes a smaller size pizza, and soup or salad. I have, on numerous occasions, shared the special, which I believe is $14. If you and a dining partner aren't feeling too hungry, I definitely recommend sharing this special! Of course, it's also nice to have a special to yourself.

Service has always been quick and pleasant. I will point out that I've only ever been to Morris East for lunch, and cannot speak about the quality of dinner service.

Reviewed May 11, 2018 via mobile

We stopped in after a. Long day driving from Digby. We shared a mixed green salad with shaved cauliflower that gas a wonderful dressing. We then shared a margarita pizza with herbed chicken. The waiter was very friendly and the restaurant was welcoming and cozy on a cool, drizzly evening.

1  Thank Debbie N