“Amazing Pizza” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Morris East

Morris East
Ranked #33 of 710 Restaurants in Halifax
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Canadian
Good for: Romantic, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Description: Unique and delicious wood fired pizza served in a warm and cozy environment. Choose from a variety of mouth watering toppings not found elsewhere or even vegetarian and gluten free options.
“Amazing Pizza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

Great little date spot, the pizza is to die for (way better then any other place in town), plus there is a nice selection of beer/wine.

Visited May 2012

Halifax
“I really wanted to love it!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

Service - amazing. Our waitress was attentive, offered suggested and answered any questions. I wish I got her name.

Pizza - Ordered the Margarita Pizza and I will be honest, I've had better. The sauce was bland, the basil was ripped up and spread over the pizza (not too pretty) and the crust was soggy. When asked how my food was, I answered honestly. Right away I was offered a new pizza, but graciously declined. Our server still had a new pizza made and boxed up for us when we were leaving. You don't get service like that these days! Although I didn't enjoy my pizza, the service provided was outstanding.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Halifax, Nova Scotia
“A few lunches and one dinner date.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012

A small restaurant, easy to miss if you aren't looking for it. Cool decor, attractive bar, exposed brick, mirror and a bright, bent, painted wallboard separating the kitchen from the dining room. Has an intimate atmosphere though not due to a lack of light. Something jazzy, not too loud, plays on the stereo. Clean and neat. Did not feel crowded, even when we were there for dinner. Lunches have never been busy when we went. Friendly, knowledgeable service. And most importantly, excellent food! Do not eat here if your taste buds do not appreciate flavor (like most of my kids). Delicious!

Visited September 2012
Ottawa, Canada
“Great spot!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

(Dinner) My colleagues and I ordered 2 pizzas (Tandoori chicken and 3 Mongers) and the gnocchi special and each dish was amazing! The tandoori chicken pizza is unique and spectacular. Although we were too full to contemplate dessert, we were tempted by the homemade ice cream and tried three flavours - chocolate brownie, caramel baileys and sweet potato/marshmallow. All 3 were awesome but the sweet potato/marshmallow stood out as the winner. Will definitely come back next time I'm in Halifax.

• Visited November 2012
Utah
“Wish I had one in my town!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

While on a "taste of Halifax" walking tour for foodies, we had the pleasure of stopping in here for a taste of their amazing pizza. I would have loved to stay longer and try all of their deliciousness...! The owner has a way with favors. We sampled a pear and caramelized onion pizza that was fantastic. Small, cozy, would easily become a regular eatery if I lived in Halifax. This is one worth venturing out to try!

• Visited October 2012