“...And for something a little different”
Review of The Wooden Monkey

The Wooden Monkey
Reserve with OpenTable
The Wooden Monkey is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 775 Restaurants in Halifax
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Halifax
Reviewed August 2, 2014

Six of us went for dinner on a Tuesday night and had a nice evening. The raw tacos, the seytan donair and the pizzas were all very good. The cheeseburger was average. Service was good though it took a long time to get the bill. Nice night out.

1  Thank Victoria K

Reviewed July 29, 2014

Had a few appetizers - raw tacos, chickpea salad and fish cakes. All were delicious and gluten free options were all clearly marked.

Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

I hate when restaurants are over rated and they believe it. Me and my wife went there it wasn't bad but it wasn't great. Good location but really everything was just average from food to service. I thought I should share that!

Reviewed July 27, 2014

Great place to eat superb food in an informal atmosphere. The cheeseburgers were wonderful, as was the Garrisons nut brown

Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

We went at lunch, three of us around 1230. It was steady but not super busy. We ordered two orders of nachos and the raw tacos; all things you would think would take very little time to prepare. Well, we waited between 30-40 minutes for these simple dishes. Although they were delicious, best nachos I've ever had, there is no excuse for it to take that long. All you do is pile the stuff on a plate and bake it. And the tacos were raw, no cooking necessary just assemble.
I have been before to the monkey and while I love that they do so much local, I will save my visits for dinner when it doesn't matter how long I wait.