“Different and delicious”

Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Halifax
Reviewed July 16, 2014

They pride in the care that they have put into their menu selections and ingredients and it has absolutely paid off. I would absolutely recommend that this be added to your list of restaurants for Halifax.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

Great food. Great drinks. The haskap juice, blue berry juice, and sodas were delicious. Would definitely be a regular here if I lived in Halifax.

Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

The best seafood, very nice and friendly staff. Great ambiance. Definitely a place to go eat in Halifax!! Will visit again for sure!

Reviewed July 11, 2014

Take-out is always a treat from this place. Good food, good service, great prices. To maximize your enjoyment, eat-in and enjoy the ambience. Arctic char is a particularly good dish and they maximize local sourcing of all ingredients = great for the eco footprint.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

My wife and I went here with our daughter and a friend of hers.We got 4 entrees, 2 beer and 1 dessert which (in the end, including tip) totalled $108

I got the pulled pork sandwich (a little sweet, but fine nonetheless)
My wife got the Fish and roasties (Fish was a little dry but fries were good)
I unfortunately do not remember the entrees for the girls, but they seemed to like them.

The dessert was the Chocolate Tofu Pie. I did not intend to try this since it had "Tofu" in the name, but I did and it was REALLY good. It tasted like the inside of a Lindt Truffle. The waiter told me it was their best selling menu item (not just best selling dessert)

The wooden monkey attempts to be a local, healthy type restaurant (if that is of interest to you), but bottom line, everything was pretty good and we'd probably go back again.