“multiple allergeries”
Review of The Wooden Monkey

The Wooden Monkey
Ranked #11 of 715 Restaurants in Halifax
Cuisines: Canadian, Soups
Good for: Kids, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Downtown Halifax
South
“multiple allergeries”
Reviewed June 8, 2014

This time I am traveling with 40 food allergies. I was able to have a really good meal Digby Scallops, Cauliflower and Fiddlehead Ferns prepared just for me. At a very reasonable price. It was just the next block from the Residence Inn on Grafton where I stayed May 2014.

• Visited May 2014

Waterford, Connecticut
“Great Selection”
Reviewed June 5, 2014

This place seems to have a slight hipster vibe. The service is great and the food is pretty good. The best part is the farm to table organic commitment that this eatery boasts. If you are environmentally conscious this is a great choice. I had a lamb burger that was very good. The roasties are amazing.

Visited June 2014
Halifax, Canada
“Love eating local”
Reviewed June 5, 2014

The Wooden Monkey has a great selection of dishes that make me feel like I've made a healthy choice! I've been here a couple times and keep wanting to go back.

• Visited July 2013
Halifax, Canada
“Golfing gals love to eat.”
Reviewed May 30, 2014

Our female golf team likes to get out once a month and try different restaurants. The Wooden Monkey at Alderney Landing, Dartmouth, made our list of nice restaurants. The ambiance was nice (evening), service was prompt and the food was really good!

• Visited October 2013
Winnipeg
“I Wish I Could Eat At A Place Like This More Often”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

I loved the menu of natural/raw/organic foods. The vibe in the place is warm and relaxing. My servers were lovely. The food was excellent and the amount of food I was served was rather large. I only ate about half of what I ordered. I find that many restaurants that serve this type/quality of food often limit how much they give you which discourages some of my friends from wanting to eat at them so this is really a place to bring anyone, even big eaters. I will go back.

Visited May 2014