“great food, great entertainment, great atmosphere”

The Old Triangle Irish Ale House
Reserve with OpenTable
The Old Triangle Irish Ale House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 742 Restaurants in Halifax
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch
Neighborhood: Downtown Halifax
Description: The Old Triangle is an Irish family owned traditional Irish pub established in 2000. We feature an extensive menu of hand crafted Irish & Maritime dishes, 22 taps of local and international brews and an excellent selection of wines, hand picked by our in house sommelier. We feature live music 7 nights a week, matinees on Saturday, Irish dancing and live sessions Sunday afternoons. Our upstairs Seanchai (pronounced shan-a-kee) has Quiz Night on Tuesdays and is also available for private events of up to 80 guests. We are proud to have the finest, friendliest staff in the city, a beautiful summer patio and a warm welcome for all who enter.
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Living in Halifax there are alot of places to choose from, but we always go back to the Old Triangle for the sure thing. Food is always great, love the atmosphere and it's close to everything in the downtown core. A must place to go.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

We attended a private function in the back of the Old Triangle. The young man who waited on our group of about 25 people was amazing at keeping all the orders straight. The pub type food that we all enjoyed was very good. An excellent cake was served for desert.

Reviewed February 1, 2014

Had a great lunch with a friend today - I ordered a cheeseburger with no bun and green salad with ranch dressing. Server didn't bat an eye when I asked for no bun but did offer me a gluten free bun which was nice anyway. My friend ordered the mushroom omelet but did not want spuds or toast, server ended up giving her a nice little side of fruit instead - very thoughtful.

My food was delicious!!!!!! Then we stayed for tea and coffee, I had a nice french press of coffee brought to me which was very very good.

I had no complaints, this is a great place to bring people. :)

Reviewed January 26, 2014

It's about old traditions and what true Irish bars are supposed to be.
You walk into a bar that amplifies energy and you feel like you get a big welcome from everyone in the place. It has three sections and a few private rooms, so finding a place to your comfort is easy. The service seemed to be a little confused as to who is serving you and who got what for you, but not to an extent that it ruined the visit. The ale was cold, like it should be and the meals was better than normal pub food.
The washrooms can be confusing for some people who didn't frequent the place with office doors and washrooms sharing the same downstairs area with Gallic on the doors. Once I figured it out, I had to direct others experiencing the same issue.
This is a great spot for an evening out, to start or finish. Great location, right down town near by to everything in Halifax.

Reviewed January 18, 2014

This is a great place to go for live music, great atmosphere and food. Service is very good as well.