“Great time at the Old triangle”

The Old Triangle Irish Ale House
Reserve with OpenTable
The Old Triangle Irish Ale House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 742 Restaurants in Halifax
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch
Neighborhood: Downtown Halifax
Description: The Old Triangle is an Irish family owned traditional Irish pub established in 2000. We feature an extensive menu of hand crafted Irish & Maritime dishes, 22 taps of local and international brews and an excellent selection of wines, hand picked by our in house sommelier. We feature live music 7 nights a week, matinees on Saturday, Irish dancing and live sessions Sunday afternoons. Our upstairs Seanchai (pronounced shan-a-kee) has Quiz Night on Tuesdays and is also available for private events of up to 80 guests. We are proud to have the finest, friendliest staff in the city, a beautiful summer patio and a warm welcome for all who enter.
Reviewed April 28, 2013

The atmoshphere was great, Sweeny and Roach were the entertainment. Had the baked haddock and it was very nice. Service was wonderful. great waiters. Patrons were all so friendly as well, met and danced with many lovely people.

There are newer reviews for The Old Triangle Irish Ale House

Reviewed April 16, 2013

I found a ploughman's lunch! Perhaps I've been looking in all the wrong places but I haven't seen one offered before, here in Canada. And the staff were so accommodating! They usually put lamb sausage and ham and mustard on the plate, as well as cheddar, homemade Branston pickle (a dark, slightly sweet pickle - consistency of a thick relish), a few slices of (beautiful fresh and tasty) Irish soda bread, a few pats of butter, tomato, cucumber, red onion - don't think I forgot anything. It all comes nicely presented on a wooden board. Anyway, I didn't want the meat so they gave me more cheese etc. It was wonderful. And I washed it down with a half-pint of local draught cider, which was also really good.
This is a proper pub - a large one, actually, with various sections. A lot of character to the building itself and the traditional Irish decor. And the staff were great, welcoming and friendly and very helpful.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

I first visited The Old Triangle a few summers ago when I was taking a course in Halifax. Since then, I've been back several times to get my Dublin Pastie (pass-tee) fix: Ham, chicken, leeks, mushrooms, and bechamel sauce, baked in puff pastry. It tastes even better than it sounds. The Old Triangle is ALWAYS busy and our last visit was on St. Patrick's Day weekend, but we always seem to walk right in and get the last available seat. The service is good, the beer is cold (I'm told) and as for the menu... I've only ever had the Dublin Pastie; it's THAT good!

Reviewed March 30, 2013

Good times at the Old Triangle. Awesome staff, the atmosphere was great and although it was packed, it never felt too full or too many people bothering you. Everybody was very friendly and having a good time.
Waiter was very charming, helpful and efficient. I hadn't enjoyed a pint of Guinness Blackcurrant so much ever since I'd left Ireland!
For our dinner, we choose the Dublin Pastie (ham, chicken, leeks, mushrooms in bechamel sauce and baked in puff pastry) and the Steak N Steak N Chips, everything was super yummy and we enjoyed it thoroughly.
The musical entertainment was good but we have been to the Triangle when they had live Celtic fiddle music and of course there is no comparison to that.
We are always looking forward to dropping in for a pint or for some awesome food, keep up the good work and here's to the Old Triangle. Slainte!

Reviewed March 21, 2013

great food, great staff and great music. Always fun with friends and family!!
The menu has authentic Irish,as well as regional food. Beer selection is varied, and the Guinness pour is always perfect.