“A Restaurant you can count on”

Swiss Chalet Rotisserie & Grill
Ranked #264 of 742 Restaurants in Halifax
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery
Description: Since our doors first opened in 1954, Canadian families have been coming back to Swiss Chalet generation after generation. Our rotisserie ovens only accept fresh (never frozen), grain-fed, Canadian Grade A chickens, because quality is all we know. So what will it be? A Quarter Chicken with fries?
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Visited the Swiss Chalet in Bayers Lake recently with my son. We both had the 1/4 Chicken Dinner and we both enjoyed it very much. When you go to this particular Swiss Chalet, no matter what you get, you get your order quickly and exactly what you ordered and always with a smile. The prices are great and the portions are just right no matter your appetite. You can always count on Swiss Chalet.

2  Thank bryanmacmillan

Reviewed February 7, 2013

The chain in general is good but this visit I wasn't impressed my kids and I went for dinner and ordered the quarter chicken with fries, the quarter chicken was very dry and small size, not worth the money.

1  Thank Caper42
Reviewed January 12, 2013

We ordered take out from Swiss Chalet on Kempt Road as delivery. Being five blocks away I was not concerned that the food would travel a long distance. A huge mistake as they obviously do not care about the quality of the food once it is ordered and paid for. The fries were a gooey cold blob, the chicken was cold and sauce was room temperature. The only thing that was palatable was the salad. This is the first time I have had Swiss Chalet in twenty years and it is guaranteed to be the very last - not only for this location but for any Swiss Chalet. Dining In may be okay but I would not spend another dime to find out.
Foodpages.ca rates them as a below average restaurant in the area and I should have looked them up first. I certainly hope that tourists do not have the misfortune of visiting. Hopefully their inconvenient location will prevent this from happening.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

Swiss Chalet is at least consistent. This is a new building and at least it is bright and clean. The old building from the 80's was getting tired and dirty. It is a chicken and fry place
The food is still the food. It is reasonably priced but the portions are getting smaller The stir fry with chicken is awfully expensive and I find it really salty. It is a lot smaller than it used to be. The salads are way over priced for what you get but I enjoy the Spinach Chicken Salad - again I just wish it was larger - you should be able to throw a few more spinach leaves on there to make it look like more and still make their margins.

I always preferred St. Hubert's but the are none in Halifax.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

This was our first visit to the Swiss Chalet. Understanding ahead of time that this was similar to what an Applebee's would be in the US we had an open mind. The decor was nice and open. I didn't feel like I was on top of the other patrons although it was lunch hour. Our watriess was courteous and quick and we were surprised by the finger dipping bowls (note to those with young children, our 3 year old loved playing in the water). The menu seemed a little sparce, but it wasn't hard to pick up on their specialties - rotisserie chicken and ribs. While I had neither, my husband tried the wrap and the dipping sauce was amazing. I felt the children's menu was lacking offerings for kids under 5 so I was dissapointed and worried that my daughter didn't get a good meal that afternoon. Overall, we got what we paid for - okay food and good service.