“Excellent Restaurant”

Stories Fine Dining
Reserve with OpenTable
Stories Fine Dining is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 774 Restaurants in Halifax
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Halifax
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Thoroughly enjoyed our 30th anniversary dinner at Stories. Service was very friendly and attentive. The dining rooms are elegant and cozy. The food is absolutely fabulous! Definitely rates as one of the best meals I have ever had!

1  Thank Rchafe

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Excellent food and service - the duck in cherry sauce was awesome! This restaurant is in an historic house with a small dining room, so it may not be the best pick for a large party. But for couples or smaller groups it offers an intimate setting and a creative menu. The service was very good - attentive, but not intrusive.

1  Thank nwannago
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I have worked in F&B in Halifax for over 18 years and to this day, Stories has always been my recommendation to guests I have served when asked where to go eat.

The ambiance is white table cloth but with REAL personable service. If your visiting for a quick business trip, or do not have the time to head down to the south shore, this dining room gives you the quaint, classic relaxing and pampered service you deserve. It makes you feel like you left the city for dinner and once your finished and walk out the door, reality sets in and you are now back to the city. Most of the locals have never dined here, or even know if it's existence but those in the food & beverage industry do. YES... A HIDDEN GEM!

The Chef has been here for many years so the consistency of the food will always exceed your expectations. The owners obviously take pride in their establishment as this restaurant has been in Halifax since I moved there in 1994 (previously known as the Haliburton House). I still remember their old menu with Rattle Snake, Aligator, Ostrich, and other amazing dishes that surpassed the rest of Halifax. It is truly a foodie destination.

We have moved away from Halifax a while back but looking forward dining here when we are visiting later this fall.

Just to put this restaurant into perspective... we have traveled to many destinations but I would say my meals/experiences at Stories rank in my TOP 3 ever. It even beast out a Michelin Star venue in Sonoma, CA :)

KEEP UP THE INCREDIBLE STANDARD YOU HOLD... I WILL CONTINUE SENDING PEOPLE YOUR WAY!!

Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

You know a great meal always starts with a great wine and this one was WOW! Excellent wine selection, a well rounded menu, superb service, quaint atmosphere and attention to detail everywhere. Scallops were best I've ever had and as a Maritimer I've eaten plenty. Planning on returning to try the duck. You know a place is spectacular when you're already planning your next visit.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

My wife and I dined here last week. Superb crisped scallops....guinea hen equally grand.Pleasant quiet atmosphere. Entire experience was marred slightly by a very inattentive waitress...very few people in the restaurant...but she would disappear not to be seen unless beckoned by the other waitress.