“Good pub food”

Stayner's Wharf Pub & Grill
Ranked #49 of 720 Restaurants in Halifax
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Halifax
Halifax
“Good pub food”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

We went here because we had a coupon - buy one, get one free. The food was good - fish and chips with the fish being very fresh and the chips not at all greasy. Service was a bit slow but the place was very busy. I walk by often in the summer and it is pretty much always very busy so be patient.

Dartmouth, Canada
“Never Disappointed”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Hubby and I went to Stayners again on Valentine's Day. We have been there umpteen times before, and I've never been disappointed. The location is ideal, offering a view over the harbour with Theodore Tugboat smiling at you as you eat! On this occasion, hubby had the chicken parm, which was a generous piece of chicken smothered in sauce and cheese served over linguini; according to him, it was delicious. I had the panfried haddock, which as others have mentioned is excellent. My only minor complaint this time was that the taste of the whipped sweet potato was completely masked by an over-abundance of salt that rendered it inedible. However, I won't deduct a star just for this because on the many other occasions I've had it, it's been great. Unfortunately, we didn't have space for dessert.
The staff are friendly and the place has a nice ambience. You really can't go wrong if you decide to eat at Stayners.

• Visited February 2013
Bridgewater
“Wonderful restaurant with great location and atmoshpere”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We love NS and visit Halifax every couple of years. There are so many great places to eat by the waterfront, some more fancy, but Stayner's is one of our "must stops". It's nice, good food with a great view and we love to sit outside in the summer. You have to try the pan fried haddock! And with a cold Keith's... Yum!

• Visited July 2012
Dartmouth, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Louisianian”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I must confess, I order the exact same thing every time I go to Stayner's. They are the only place that makes this chicken dish. It has beans, rice, spinach, corn meal breaded chicken and it's got a heat to it, that makes me so happy! It is consistent, never too hot, or bland, always made the exact same way. Their menu is small, so I don't mind sticking to the same thing. I think because of the small menu, they can stay consistent with each dish, and each dish is delicious (I did try a few others before I settled on the Louisianan). This place almost always needs a reservation or you'll be waiting at the bar. No worries, though, the staff is efficient (and I recognize that most of them have worked there over the years, so they have loyalty--that bodes well with me. They must treat their employees well). I love this place. I've also been for their jazz. Great venue, food is delicious. One of my top 5 places to eat out.

Visited January 2013
Halifax, Canada
“fabulous!”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Always an amazing experience, try the panfried haddock - its exquisite. As are the cocktails. Its reasonably priced and in a great setting

Visited October 2012