“Beautiful setting by the sea - try to eat outside in the nice weather!”
Review of Salty's

Salty's
Ranked #22 of 751 Restaurants in Halifax
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Halifax
Reviewed October 1, 2013

My Mom and I ate lunch here on a beautiful sunny day in June. I had the lobster roll and Mom had a spinach salad. Mom loved her salad. I thought my meal could have been improved by the following: when you say, lobster on a butter croissant - I did not expect a dry croissant that tasted like it came in bulk from Costco or the Superstore. My raspberry vinaigrette tasted like bottled dressing - with an after taste. Can't you make your own dressing? However, our table was close to the water and we had friendly, efficient service. So, I'm going to click on "very good" as I still wouldn't call it "average". (My real rating is "good")

Write a ReviewReviews (1,415)

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Spent time on the patio in the sun! We enjoyed a craft beer and crap and cheese dip that was exquisite! Can't go wrong with this place for good food, a great view, and a relaxing time!

Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

I was a little concerned because I thought this place would be a tourist trap. However, I was wrong. It was a pretty day so we sat outside. If we had eaten inside, my review may have been a little different. About the food, my tuna sandwich was great. My husband's seafood casserole was good but not great. We both thought our salads were delicious. And service was wonderful. Would definitely go back.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

This restaurant has been a Halifax feature for many years. It has had a few name changes but has maintained high quality. The food is great, the service is excellent and the views spectacular. The ambiance is quiet and refined.
The only downside was an extended wait for our table passed in the newly renovated bar and less formal restaurant on the lower level.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

I've been going to Salty's - upstaurs, downstairs, the patio, lunch and dinner - for years. I've never been disappointed and a recent business dinner for 7 was no exception. Lovely view from the table upstairs, attentive but unintrusive staff, really good food and a great atmosphere for doing business. I've had equally great experiences eating fish and chips on the patio waiting for the noon day gun, sipping a cold one as the ships sail by. I like what I like, and I like Salty's - my only requests - please bring back the mango daquiri's and the lemon tart dessert.