“Overall Good and Friendly” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Salty's

Salty's
Ranked #21 of 710 Restaurants in Halifax
Cuisines: Seafood, Canadian, Soups
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Scenic view, Kids, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Downtown Halifax
Mississauga, Canada
“Overall Good and Friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

We had a late dinner at Salty's downstairs. Our waitress was friendly and our food was served promptly. My daughter had the kids chicken fingers and fries. The fries were gross, they had a coating on them and my daughter could not eat them. The plate only came with 2 chicken fingers which is disappointing. I ordered the Lobster Chowder which was DELICIOUS and had big chunks of lobster but for $20 for a soup, I was expecting it would. I ordered the scallops for my main meal and they were also delicious but the green beans that came with it was hard and tasted terrible. They need to get more consistent with their food.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Ottawa, Canada
“Salty's Downstairs”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

Went to Salty's with a large group of colleagues. Really enjoyed my lovely lovely lobster! I had some mussels and there were quite a few dry mussels..phooey! The service was excellent and our server was very attentive. Highly recommend

Visited June 2013
Penetanguishene, Canada
“Some highs, some lows, overall very good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

Had dinner in the lower level which is some what less expensive than upper level. Service was excellent, view marvellous, and most of our meal was top notch. Appetizers of smoked salmon and also portobello mushroom, excellent. We shared the seafood platter. The lobster thermidor was not satisfactory and the scallops overcooked and tough. On the platter were a very good piece of lightly seasoned haddock, flaky and flavourful, and some large shrimp. The manager removed the lobster and replaced it with another piece of the outstanding haddock filet. Dessert was called "Cadix" simply delicious chocolate mousse with crisp bottom crust. And a minor annoyance, coffee was cold, but quickly replaced with a steaming mug.
We returned as part of a group 4 days later and dined in the upper level, very nice indeed. Staff were very attentive and knowledgable about the menu. Again we started with the smoked salmon, so good, and a kind of peanut soup, also very good. The half rack of lamb was outstanding, cooked perfectly with crisp fresh veggies. It was more expensive than I would have expected, but all in all, I would go back if in the area.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Ottawa, Canada
“Very good experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

I went to this restaurant with a group of twenty people. The location is great, overseeing the water of the Bedford Basin. The decor and ambiance were nice and we had very good service, especially considering our large group.

I thought the prices on the menu were a bit high, but I ordered the Seafood Quattro and I wasn't disappointed! I was impressed by the taste and quality of the meal!

Visited May 2013
Kirkland, Canada
“Great Atlantic Dinner!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

Although I have heard mixed reviews about Salty's, my experience was very good. Food was well above average and the only negative was that 2 of the 10 in our party had to wait about 5 minutes longer than the rest to get their main course. The bacon wrapped scallops were perfect and the lamb chops were quite good as well although a touch heavy on the mustard for my liking! I'll be back soon enough :)

Visited May 2013