“ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!”

Ryan Duffy's Steak and Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
Ryan Duffy's Steak and Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #166 of 757 Restaurants in Halifax
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown Halifax
Cross street: Sackville Street
Transit: Within walking distance from Halifax Ferry Terminal.
Description: Located near the Halifax waterfront, at Ryan Duffy's we strive to be your restaurant of choice and your favorite steakhouse. We proudly hand-cut and weigh our Alberta AAA steaks table-side, as well as offer fresh local seafood that will inspire your pallet, and Caesar salads perfectly prepared tableside. If it is a lively atmosphere you seek, join us at our bar or the fireplace lounge - sit back, relax and enjoy one of our carefully crafted martinis or a pint paired with a delicious burger or fish & chips. Weekend Brunch available on Saturday and Sunday's from 11:30am - 2:00pm. Dinner served 7 days a week from 5pm. Available for large functions, conferences or intimate gatherings in our comfortable contemporary atmoshphere in downtown Halifax.
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Ate at Ryan Duffys in Halifax last night (Thursday March 14th) and had the best meal I have every had by far. Started out with a casesar salad (made table side might I add). Then I had an 8 oz filet cooked to absolute perfect with a side of home made garlic mashed potatoes and a side of fresh asparagus. Everything was done to perfection. The service was also amazing, they made our caesar salad table side, dressing and all and also cut the steak table side. They offered suggestions and were so polite. The thing I like most as that we did not feel rushed, they gave us a good amount of time with the menus, didnt send us our meals the second we were done of our apps and also offered dessert at the end. Which I might add was cheese cake in batter deep fried.... ohhh sooo yummyyy... cannot wait to return!

1  Thank Monique G

Reviewed March 9, 2013

Just had dinner here with three friends. Very classy and comfortable atmosphere. Service was good at first but was lacking by the end of the meal. Vegetables were abundant but cold. Baked potato was massive but cold. Lobster in sauce with the Filet Neptune was cold. Meat was delicious although when requesting medium rare be prepared for it to be more rare than you might expect. Long maze to get to the washrooms which weren't very tidy. Can't see myself going back there again. I don't mind paying alot for a nice meal but this was disappointing.

1  Thank Acadia80
RyanDuffys, Owner at Ryan Duffy's Steak and Seafood, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Good Afternoon,
Thank you for taking the time to write regarding your experience with us. I am the owner of Ryan Duffy's. May I ask the date of your visit and possibly the servers name. I would like to look into the details of why we fell short.

I sincerely appreciate the feedback. If you would kindly contact me heather@ryanduffys.ca
Heather Coffen

Reviewed March 8, 2013

I have not dined here at dinnertime, but have enjoyed both breakfast and lunch fare. The coffee is particularly good -- robust. Don't be put off by the hanging meat in the fridge when you walk in. This place is known for it's amazing steaks.

1  Thank MsVickiG
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I never would have thought to go to Ryan Duffy's for Sunday Brunch - but what a great idea....the menu was good, service was Excellent.. Nice atmosphere and reasonably priced. Would recommend this to anyone looking for a bright sunny spot to sit and enjoy brunch. I will definitely be back soon.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

This was my favourite restaurant experience when I visited Halifax. It is pricey, but exquisite! The staff were outstanding, very well trained/educated in their industry. The food was incredible, I had the Seafood Fettuccine .... heaven! You wont be disappointed, chill by the fire while they ready your table, enjoy a cigar and brandy after dinner in the lounge! oo la la!

2  Thank HilnMil