“Their Peanut butter burger is unreal!!”

Darrell's Restaurant
Ranked #35 of 720 Restaurants in Halifax
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: South End
Prospect, Canada
“Their Peanut butter burger is unreal!!”
Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

I ate here recently for the first time for dinner with a couple friends. I decided to be adventurous and try their peanut butter burger and let me tell you... I was NOT disappointed! The beef patty was generously big and juicy and the burger was loaded with delicious toppings on a fresh bun. The peanut butter was such an unexpected but delicious addition! Put this burger on your bucket list of things to try in Halifax.

1 Thank Sinead M

Amherst, Canada
“Amazing burgers and a great spot for a bite with the Family!”
Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

After hearing about Darrell's here and there over the years we finally remembered and got a chance to check it out while we were in Halifax this weekend. They have a great menu selection of different burgers and wraps. Everyone walked away full and very satisfied with the quality and taste. My Moroccan Lamb Burger was amazing. The curry flavoured mayo gave it the right amount of zing. My brother had the Hen-Den-Burger which was topped with a fried egg and guacamole. He loved the tastes and flavours. Oh yes! The kids loved their Oreo milkshakes! Great restaurant and we will be back!

Visited May 2014
1 Thank D_AndrewD
“Excellent”
Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

I came here on a recommendation from my brother and I was pleasantly surprised. The food was excellent, the atmosphere was relaxed and fun and the service was outstanding. I will definitely be eating here again when in the city.

Halifax, Canada
“Excellent food and a fun atmosphere”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

I've been living in Halifax now for a little while and this was the first time I've gone to Darrell's - it wasn't anything to do with me not knowing about it, especially if you're a local, you know about Darrell's.

Recently (in 2012 I think) this burger joint was ranked as one of Canada's top 8 burger joints and there's an obvious reason for that. The "diner" like setting is a nice atmosphere, although seating can sometimes be at a premium during peak hours around lunch and supper. Typical 50's-style booths that are nice and comfy. The wait-team are all very friendly and pleasant. But it's really the burgers you go there for.

They have many different kinds of gourmet burgers, but the one everyone goes there for is their Peanut Butter Burger. As simple as it sounds adding peanut butter (and crunchy peanut butter at that!) makes all the difference in the world. But be prepared to use multiple napkins! To go along with the delicious meal I would HIGHLY recommend one of their awesome milkshakes. They have several different flavours, including cranberry and peanut butter-banana. But you can't go wrong with the classics of chocolate or vanilla!

All in all their peanut butter burger has lived up to its hype for me along with the delicious milkshakes. I will definitely be going back there very soon! The prices are a tad steep I thought, but with the burger, fries and a milkshake it is quite filling! As well, the wait time to receive our food was not long at all - 10 minutes tops, and it was a full house.

Whether you're a local or a tourist, I would strongly recommend stopping by Darrell's the next time your hunger pangs are asking for a burger! Or if you just looking for friendly wait-staff and excellent food!

• Visited January 2014
Dartmouth, Canada
“Odd little place! But right formula!”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

I have heard about Darrells for years. However, it is out of the way from where we live. Finally, my wife went and couldn't stop talking about the freshness of the bun. So we went and had a really good burger. Not as good as the Mic Mac Tavern but in the top 3 for the city.
Staff are very good and aware!
I would go back any time I am in the area.
They have for sure , the best buns in the city!

• Visited November 2013