“Excellent”

Ranked #32 of 757 Restaurants in Halifax
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: South End
Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

I came here on a recommendation from my brother and I was pleasantly surprised. The food was excellent, the atmosphere was relaxed and fun and the service was outstanding. I will definitely be eating here again when in the city.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

I've been living in Halifax now for a little while and this was the first time I've gone to Darrell's - it wasn't anything to do with me not knowing about it, especially if you're a local, you know about Darrell's.

Recently (in 2012 I think) this burger joint was ranked as one of Canada's top 8 burger joints and there's an obvious reason for that. The "diner" like setting is a nice atmosphere, although seating can sometimes be at a premium during peak hours around lunch and supper. Typical 50's-style booths that are nice and comfy. The wait-team are all very friendly and pleasant. But it's really the burgers you go there for.

They have many different kinds of gourmet burgers, but the one everyone goes there for is their Peanut Butter Burger. As simple as it sounds adding peanut butter (and crunchy peanut butter at that!) makes all the difference in the world. But be prepared to use multiple napkins! To go along with the delicious meal I would HIGHLY recommend one of their awesome milkshakes. They have several different flavours, including cranberry and peanut butter-banana. But you can't go wrong with the classics of chocolate or vanilla!

All in all their peanut butter burger has lived up to its hype for me along with the delicious milkshakes. I will definitely be going back there very soon! The prices are a tad steep I thought, but with the burger, fries and a milkshake it is quite filling! As well, the wait time to receive our food was not long at all - 10 minutes tops, and it was a full house.

Whether you're a local or a tourist, I would strongly recommend stopping by Darrell's the next time your hunger pangs are asking for a burger! Or if you just looking for friendly wait-staff and excellent food!

Reviewed November 27, 2013

I have heard about Darrells for years. However, it is out of the way from where we live. Finally, my wife went and couldn't stop talking about the freshness of the bun. So we went and had a really good burger. Not as good as the Mic Mac Tavern but in the top 3 for the city.
Staff are very good and aware!
I would go back any time I am in the area.
They have for sure , the best buns in the city!

Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

We had the Chipotle burger and the Hen's Den burger and some deep fried pickles. Oh, and an oreo milkshake! We recommend everything we had, it was all excellent. Our server was very nice and our order was served quickly, despite the fact that it was quite busy. We will definitely return here!

Reviewed September 24, 2013

Well loved in Halifax for it's friendly staff, great burgers and diner atmosphere. Comfy booth seating to accompany the comfort foods on the menu. Have lots of different kinds of burgers, real milk shakes, different kinds of fries-including sweet potato fries. Generous portions.

Try the turkey cranberry pita wrap-delicious way to celebrate Thanksgiving year round.