“Meh”

Ranked #395 of 766 Restaurants in Halifax
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Mexi's is the destination for Mexican/Californian inspired cuisine in the HRM! With the rooftop patio and private party room this restaurant and bar allows you to enjoy ANY atmosphere you desire, whether you're looking to relax, have a romantic night out for 2 by the fireplace, get some work done, or celebrate a birthday and just have a good time, we can provide it all! So come sip on one of our famous margaritas and remember... we're not saving lives, we're just making tacos.
Reviewed March 30, 2013

This place serves generic "Mexican" food, although they make up for the so-so food with cheap Corona and massive portions. It's not very authentic and isn't a bargain either.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Mexi's was used to be a nice place to eat when it was in it's old location and was a restaurant. Now it's just a bar and not a good one. The food has dropped off and the service seems lost. The layout is on multi levels and breaks up any form of party atmosphere. The bar is not stocked with much of a selection and the bar tender who I had on my last visit didn't have a clue. This place is not on my return list.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Since Mexi's moved to their new location, the food isn't the same. It used to have flavour and spice and now it tastes mass produce and looks less than appealing when plated. A real dissapointment as this used to be a go to spot for me.

1  Thank jjs004
Reviewed December 5, 2012

We went to Mexicali Rosa's for the first time a few weeks ago because I have wanted to try it for the longest time and never got around to it. Turns out I wasn't missing much, but with that being said it isn't all bad either. The atmosphere is good, and it is a lot nicer inside than I expected.
Our waiter was fantastic, very friendly and fast. Our drinks were amazing and actually probably the best part of the meal..it is very hard to find a really good, spicy Cesar around Halifax but Mexi's has it right!! The chipotle cesar is probably the best I have ever had. Now as for the food, I was disappointed. I ordered a nacho type meal, which was good but I was a little ticked because I was unaware that we would receive free nacho chips while waiting for our meal and if I had of known, I would have ordered something completely different. I tired what my fiance had and wasn't really a fan but he did think it was OK. I would probably come here again, but it isn't really anything special.

1  Thank Amanda8925
Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

Just wasn't impressed with the food. We wanted Mexican as it is hard to find in our neck of the woods, but were definitely disappointed with this experience.