“Great place”

McKelvie's Delishes Fishes Dishes
Reserve with OpenTable
McKelvie's Delishes Fishes Dishes is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 711 Restaurants in Halifax
Cuisines: Seafood, Canadian, Soups
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown Halifax
Cross street: Bedford Row and Prince
“Great place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

Great place, quality friendly service, nice food portions, i loved the place and the service. Food is really good.

James R, General Manager at McKelvie's Delishes Fishes Dishes, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Thanks for your kind words, look forward to seeing you in the future!

Gateshead
“Wonderful Seafood”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

We found this restaurant for lunch and felt that the food was of very high class for a reasonable price. The lobster roll was exceptional and the mussels with lemon and thyme was also very good. The service was helpful and efficient. Very good indeed.

The Lobster Roll is a favourite! So glad you enjoyed that and the mussels! Come back when you are back in town again!
Beaufort, SC
“Delicious!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2014

My husband and I happened upon McKelvie's after spending the day touring Halifax. We didn't have a reservation, but at 6:15 on a Wednesday night, we were happy to be seated immediately. Our server Kori was knowledgeable, cheerful, and attentive. The special that night was a seafood entrée and was the best meal we had on our entire trip. Highly recommend!!

• Visited August 2014
Thanks for the review! So glad you enjoyed your meal and the service so much! Please come back!
Aurora, Canada
“Most Memorable East Coast Meal!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2014

McKelvie's was by far our favourite East Coast meal! My husband had been here numerous times on business, and was anxious for my son and I to try it, and it didn't disappoint. We had a reservation for two hours later, but being hungry and in the neighbourhood, they cheerfully took us in with a, "Well, let's feed you!" The service was impeccable, friendly, yet casual. Since I couldn't decide, my husband graciously shared the second entrée I was eyeballing so that I could try both the fish tacos and the blackened salmon. Both were amazing, and fish tacos being the best I've tried (and I've had it numerous times). I had lobster mashed potatoes on the side since, although we like lobster, at this point in the trip I was a bit lobstered-out. The mash was a perfect compromise. All the taste with none of the work. My son enjoyed his fish and chips - very light, not greasy. Oh, the mandarin mojito was another delightful surprise. I can't wait to go back!

• Visited August 2014
James R, General Manager at McKelvie's Delishes Fishes Dishes, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
We can't wait to have you come back! So glad you enjoyed your meals. You know its love when your husband shares his food....
Kitchener, Canada
“wonderfull meal.Great Seafood”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2014

food was very awesome. Atmosphere very good. the group of 4 I was with all had different dishes. everyone's meal was extremely good

Visited August 2014
Thanks for your review! So glad you all enjoyed your meals and hopefully you'll be back in the future!