“Excellent Value for the best Seafood in Halifax” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of McKelvie's Delishes Fishes Dishes

McKelvie's Delishes Fishes Dishes
Reserve with OpenTable
McKelvie's Delishes Fishes Dishes is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 710 Restaurants in Halifax
Cuisines: Seafood, Canadian, Soups
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown Halifax
Cross street: Bedford Row and Prince
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
“Excellent Value for the best Seafood in Halifax”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2013

My Wife and I started dining at Mckelvie's 29 years ago when we became engaged. We have been back numerous times and eat there about four times a year. We have eaten at most of the better restaurants in Halifax which are quite a bit more expensive, however McKelvie's remains our favorite. Set in an historic firehouse the atmosphere is great with the huge oval doors converted to beautiful windows it is bright and cheerful. The service is always good and we have never had a meal there that was anything but excellent. The chowder, bannock, bisque, haddock etc.. You cant go wrong at Mckelvies and its close to the waterfront so an easy stop if you are walking the boardwalk. We have even taken our extended family there for a larger celebration. I have taken my employees (25) for Christmas lunch. Great! Great! Great!

• Visited December 2013

Lynbrook, NY
“Absolutely top notch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013

A seaside city like Halifax should have great seafood and McKelvie's doesn't disappoint. Cozy and comfortable with good variety on the menu. The chef came out of the kitchen to personally receive our well-deserved compliments. Excellent wine list. You won't have room for desert.
A clear alternative to Five Fishermen, which is all reputation but not appealing.
A man proposed to his fiancee during dinner, which added a delightful romantic touch to the evening. We had a great meal and a good time.

• Visited July 2013
London, Canada
“Excellent restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013

I had this restaurant recommended by our cab driver and it did not disappoint. Excellent entrees and friendly staff. Slightly slow service and didn't bring water until I asked. I ate with a large group and everyone thoroughly enjoyed their meals. I heard that the same owners run Salty's but that McKelvie's would be less "touristy".

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Kingston, Canada
“Excellent for seafood”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

We enjoyed the pleasant atmosphere. Even though it was busy the booth we had was quiet and we could have a conversation . My daughter and I had the lobster dinner . The lobster was done perfectly . Their seafood chowder was very creamy with mainly potato....disappointing. My daughters house salad was very nice. My husband enjoyed the seafood platter . The service was friendly and nicely timed. The prices were middle of the road ie not overpriced.

• Visited November 2013
Louisiana
“A really good restaurant with a upbeat decor”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

We loved this restaurant. The food was outstanding. We ordered Digby scallops for an appetizer, which were out of this world. I got a seafood bouilla-baisse and my wife order a seafood pasta dish. Both dishes were mouth watering. The service was great. Overall one of our best meals while in Nova Scotia.

• Visited October 2013