“Excellent restaurant”

McKelvie's Delishes Fishes Dishes
Reserve with OpenTable
McKelvie's Delishes Fishes Dishes is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 715 Restaurants in Halifax
Cuisines: Seafood, Canadian, Soups
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown Halifax
Cross street: Bedford Row and Prince
London, Canada
“Excellent restaurant”
Reviewed November 22, 2013

I had this restaurant recommended by our cab driver and it did not disappoint. Excellent entrees and friendly staff. Slightly slow service and didn't bring water until I asked. I ate with a large group and everyone thoroughly enjoyed their meals. I heard that the same owners run Salty's but that McKelvie's would be less "touristy".

Kingston, Canada
“Excellent for seafood”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

We enjoyed the pleasant atmosphere. Even though it was busy the booth we had was quiet and we could have a conversation . My daughter and I had the lobster dinner . The lobster was done perfectly . Their seafood chowder was very creamy with mainly potato....disappointing. My daughters house salad was very nice. My husband enjoyed the seafood platter . The service was friendly and nicely timed. The prices were middle of the road ie not overpriced.

• Visited November 2013
Louisiana
“A really good restaurant with a upbeat decor”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

We loved this restaurant. The food was outstanding. We ordered Digby scallops for an appetizer, which were out of this world. I got a seafood bouilla-baisse and my wife order a seafood pasta dish. Both dishes were mouth watering. The service was great. Overall one of our best meals while in Nova Scotia.

Knoxville
“Fantastic food, service and atmosphere”
Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

This is the best restaurant we visited in Halifax and we'd go there again in a heartbeat. The waiter was friendly, gave thoughtful recommendations based on our preferences, and the service was remarkable, delivered in a dining room with many old architectural details. Three were in our party. The crab and lobster stuffed halibut, accompanied by spaghetti squash and mashed potatoes, was fresh and flaky tender with rich favors. Haddock with mashed sweet potatoes and asparagus was equally delicious. Fish chowder was rich and flavorful. A bucket of mussels accompanied by garlic bread and bowl of lobster bisque more than satisfied our dining guest. Desserts of coconut cream pie and raspberry cheesecake were generously portioned, made on-site and heavenly. This meal was more than worth the price.

Visited October 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Great meal”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

We had a terrific meal and I do not understand the negative comments I read in the reviews. I liked the fact that it had a fix price menu for a 3 course meal which offered good value for the level of restaurant. All 6 dishes were well executed and all provided a unique twist. I do agree with the comment on the wines being very overpriced. Our waitress was very professional and efficient. I would return to this restaurant.