“Amazing!”

Cuisines: International
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 5, 2014

The service is impeccable and the food was amazing. Although on the pricy side, it was well worth it for a nice lunch.

2  Thank Lylaa25

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Outstanding service and excellent victuals enhanced by a reasonably priced but very good wine list. Three different nights proved GIO adept at tender steak, juicy lobster and a seafood stew to live for.

3  Thank skfitzp
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Server was awesome! Food was superb! We enjoyed some appetizers and drinks. The chef had made a special treat for the day, so we got to try a sampling, when we told the server how fabulous it was.. she returned with more. Loved everything about this place!

1  Thank TracyMartin5107
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Was staying at the hotel in which Gio is located and thought I would give it a try, I was not disappointed.

Hands down one of the best dining experiences I have ever had, the staff were warm and welcoming and very knowledgeable, the decor and atmosphere were perfect and the food was just amazing, everything we had was full of flavor and plated beautifully.
I myself am not a drinker but the people I was with said the cocktails were some of the best they ever had.

I can't wait to make a trip back to Halifax to try more of their delicious food.

4  Thank Parker L
Reviewed June 30, 2014

After visiting all of Halifax's fine restaurants, it has become clear to me that Gio is in a class of its own. Among a burgeoning group of excellent restaurants in this small city it is still leading the pack. In a luxurious and comfortable atmosphere one can find the most consistently imaginative menu items in the city - bar and kitchen. It is well worth every penny.

1  Thank WillKillToEat