“Delicious”

Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Pickering, Canada
“Delicious”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

If you like fine dining with some pleasant surprises (the chef sends over amuse bouches and surprise desserts), this is the place for you. Delicious, though a bit pricey.

Visited February 2014

Halifax, Canada
“Gio is Excellent for Lunch not just Dinner.”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Gio has an excellent lunch menu. If you are concerned about the pricing at dinner, I encourage you to try Gio for lunch ... The pricing is very reasonable, the menu changes with the seasons and the choices are diverse and well composed. I hesitate to recommend specific dishes as they do change fairly frequently, but I have never been disappointed by their pasta, salads or seafood. They have one of the BEST DESSERTS in the city ..... It's their 'nibble or bite' dessert less than $5.00 at lunch time. Every day it's a different combination of three miniature to-die-for desserts on a little tray ... Take a chance, you will not be disappointed!

1 Thank Kim B
Rhodes Corner, NS
“Great service, atmosphere, and food, but very chintzy sized servings”
Reviewed March 3, 2014

I think Gio is getting carried away with their rep. The $12 scallop appetizer as 2 scallops. Perfectly done with nice accompanying veggies, but come on, 2 scallops, and small ones at that. My meal was 1/2 a cornish hen, beautifully cooked and plentifully sized. But then the plate was filled with enough black eyed peas (which were excellent as well) for 2 people, like they had nothing else to put on the plate, so they overloaded it with these beans. My husband had the prime rib and although delicious, was 2 x 2.5 inches at best, with some nice sides, but such a teeny piece of meat. I think someone needs to look into the sizes of the dishes they are putting out. We are not big eater either, and so this is even more shocking. Coffee was delicious as always. Good wine selection too. Haven't been there for dinner for a while, and don't think I will be back for a while either.

1 Thank GenuineBluenosers
Halifax, Canada
“Very Positive Exeperience”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Last month I had the good fortune to be invited out to dinner by an old friend and colleague, and it was to Gio that we went. Simply put: The ambience was fine, the food was excellent and the service was superb.

The seafood chowder was among the best I have ever had anywhere; tasty, rich, satisfying. But be warned: it is very filling, so you might not want to follow it with a huge main course. The scallops were pronounced first class.

Both tenderloin steak and game hen were very good indeed. The wine list was sensible and not frighteningly pricey.

Since I did not pay the bill, I cannot tell you what the total was, but from looking at the menu I can say that this place is not cheap. But it is good.

Nova Scotia
“Perfect Night Out!”
Reviewed December 23, 2013

We recently enjoyed a special night out with close friends and we were not disappointed! Amazing service and an amazing meal. We were very pleasantly surprised by the portion sizes, all of us left very satisfied.
I always am raving about the Prince George hotel, they really always go one step above in all ways and Gio is no different.
Thank you for a great night, my husband and I look forward to coming back very soon!

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank D800Rhodenizer
Penny C, Guest Relations Manager at Gio, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Very much look forward to welcoming you back. Delighted to learn that you enjoyed a great evening in Gio with friends just before Christmas and very much appreciate the review.