“Best Chinese Food Value in Halifax”

No photo provided
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian, Canadian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Halifax, Canada
“Best Chinese Food Value in Halifax”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

My wife and I went to this place a month ago based on the fact it was the #2 rated Chinese Food Restaurant in Halifax on Trip Advisor. We were not disappointed. It is a small family run business in the Fairview area of Halifax. It is very clean with very attentive staff. We went back yesterday and were again not disappointed. The service was quick despite it being very busy - early Sunday afternoon with a big after church crowd. Once again the quality of the food did not disappoint. Crunchy vegetables and deep fried foods that were not greasy or have that Chinese deep fried taste. I have had more favourable Chinese food, but that is not distract from the taste. The food at Fung Wah is real good and considering what you pay for it, it is great.
We both had the lunch platters and I had an extra spring roll and we were able to get out of there for under $35. I really enjoyed the ginger chicken but my wife would not order their spare ribs again. Nevertheless we will be going back. You can't beat the price and value.

• Visited February 2013
3 Thank NSTraveller493

Nova Scotia
“Great lunch specials”
Reviewed December 5, 2012

I went with a friend to Fung Wah on his recommendation and was not disappointed. We had their lunch special that were priced under $9. The specials included a small won ton soup. Our plates were 1) egg roll, chicken fried rice, and beef & broccoli; 2) egg roll, chicken fried rice, and mongolian beef. The food was hot, great tasting, and good protions. For the price, this was great value. We will return!

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank NSRoadrunner
“The Best Chinese!”
Reviewed July 25, 2012

I'm not a lover of chinese food, but this place was awesome! So clean, great prices and the food was delish! I especially loved the ginger chicken!

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank Jt06jg
Windsor, Canada
“Food First, Atmosphere Second”
Reviewed July 7, 2012

I stumbled on to this place a year ago when a friend suggested I try it. It turned out to be the best discovery for Chinese Food given to me. I love good Chinese food but I will not eat bad or average and this place is the best in Halifax.
The dingy atmosphere will not attract you from the street but once you get past the "hole in the wall" appearance and try the food, you will probably agree that it is, if not the best, one of the best in Halifax.
The lunch deals are very good and reasonably priced. The Ginger Beef is by far my favorite.

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank Rick K
Memramcook
“What a Nice Surprise”
Reviewed May 18, 2012

We ate and Fung Wah Restaurant before our flight out of Halifax Airport ... what a nice surprise. The food was excellent; portions were huge. We definitely will be returning upon our next visit to Halifax.

• Visited April 2012