“Elegant and delightful”

The Five Fishermen (upstairs only)
Reserve with OpenTable
The Five Fishermen (upstairs only) is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 742 Restaurants in Halifax
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Carmichael Street
Transit: One block from major public transit stop.
Description: Join us at Five Fishermen restaurant(upstairs only) in Downtown Halifax and let the personalized service and warm contemporary ambiance, set the tone for an exceptional dining experience. Choose from a varied selection of the finest seafood available, or indulge in our critically acclaimed prime center cut steaks, aged 28 days and wood fire grill to perfection. Complement your meal with a selection from our wine menu — an award-wining list of more than 200 wines curated by our Sommelier. If a more relaxed experience is desired, visit our lively bar where you can sip classic and creative hand-shaken cocktails or a selection of micro-brewed beers and ales, regional wines, single-malt scotches and fresh squeezed juices and enjoy signature appetizers . Whatever the occasion, from a quiet weeknight dinner to a special private event, let us handle every detail. We'll do the work. You bask in the glory.
Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

We dined on the second floor. Kristin was our server who was very helpful in selecting a Nova Scotian wine. Portion size was appropriate despite other review comments to the contrary. Price was as expected at a fine restaurant. The five seafood dinner as well as the stuffed scallops were outstanding. The blueberry cheesecake however was more like a tart and therefore a bit disappointing.

Reviewed June 9, 2014

Never I'm gonna come to this restaurant again! I went to eat at this restaurant tonight on Monday 9 and my server was Zelph . When the bill come I was a guy I knew from an other restaurant who too 3 drinks I told Zelph I'm not gonna pay for the drinks of the others guy the bill was 106$ I went to the washroom and I told him I want to pay only for my bill so I give him 140$ and he say thank you I said I want some money back and he said ah...ok so I told him 10$ but I told him I don't want to pay for the other guy and he said front of the other guy she gave me enough you don't have to pay. I was so piss I go outside and I came back and I told him I don't believe he let me pay for the guy ad he said sorry he was too late to let him pay. Never I will come back to you're place and I not gonna refer people to this place I can't believe he want me to pay the bill of a guy I don't even know!

Reviewed June 4, 2014

The food was great and very fresh. Had the mussels as an appetizer and thought they were fantastic - and the portion was a healthy one. Then for dinner I had the alfredo dish, which was phenomenal. I guess maybe I'm used to US portions but it seems a little on the small side. Don't get me wrong, it was fantastic. I just wanted more of it. I would go again. The only thing I can gripe about is that my friend wanted to order a salad that normally comes with lobster with grilled salmon instead and they initially told him no...in sort of a rude fashion. In the end, the chef did it for him so we were happy about that. However, it was disappointing they wouldn't help with his dietary needs.

3  Thank Doug E
Reviewed June 3, 2014

Small muscles. Lobster roll was good but the baked Halibut in a cheese sauce had little sauce and was dry as saw dust. Not impressed. The lobster cobb salad was good but overpriced for the size of salad. Halifax restaurants seemed to have learned the art of gouging tourists for plentiful, local lobster and oysters.

2  Thank RoadWeary2011
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Oysters, lobster cob salad, scallops.
Excellent wine list with great advice selecting a Nova Scotian wine.
Not cheap but good value considering the all round experience.