“Amazing atmosphere and food.”
Review of Fireside

Fireside
Ranked #335 of 757 Restaurants in Halifax
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Halifax
Description: For over 20 years, Halifax's place for casual dining in a cozy, intimate atmosphere has been The Fireside, just off the shopping district of Spring Garden Road. Well known for its Martini Mondays, the Fireside is a place to gather with friends to enjoy a cocktail, munch on a variety of tasty appetizers or sit down to a full meal in comfortable surroundings. At The Fireside, the food is delicious, the drinks are imaginative and the service is impeccable. You'll find the prices are reasonable, the choices are plentiful and you and your guests will never feel hurried. Out new location is bright and inviting featuring local art and mid-century modern décor. This is Halifax's home of modern comfort food!
Reviewed July 22, 2013

When I went into the Fireside with my boyfriend and his parents I wasn't sure what to expect. It does have a very lounge feeling to it rather than a restaurant feel so I figured they would mostly focus on alcohol and the food would be not that good. I was very wrong. I love spicy food and I love pasta. I ordered the Southwest Chicken Fettucine and my boyfriend ordered the Pecan Encrusted Salmon. Mine was amazing and the seasoning was perfect. I am not a fan of salmon but my boyfriend said it was amazing and the mango salad on the plate I did try and it was so good. The fireside offers high quality food in a very relaxing atmosphere with air conditioning. I would definitely recommend sitting in one of their comfy chairs and having a meal with red wine.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

I can still taste the raspberry kuchen dessert. I would drive for miles just to savour the warm cake,raspberries,and cream as they melt in my mouth. There is nothing on the menu that is sub par. In the winter snuggle up to one of the fireplaces. In the summer enjoy the upper level as the sun streams in thru the street side windows.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Reasonably priced. Lots of seating space, fireplaces! Relaxed atmosphere, but the food taste and quality of a more formal restaurant. My favorite in Halifax.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Located in downtown Halifax. The food is good. They have some unique items on the menu. Try the lamb burger. The service is good and the staff are friendly.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Every time I think of going for lunch or for a special occasion, the Fireside always comes up as the place to go. It never disappoints, the food is new and fresh and the wait staff are excellent. but most of all I love the atmosphere with the comfie chairs and fireplaces to keep your toes warm. all in all on my list as one of my favourite places.Also they have the best Martinis in town.